Oct 5, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello everyone.
If I have applied for PR and received ITA as an individual applicant, what changes will take place and what documents will I have to show if I get married in the middle of the process and want to add my spouse to the application.
I am under CEC.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone.
If I have applied for PR and received ITA as an individual applicant, what changes will take place and what documents will I have to show if I get married in the middle of the process and want to add my spouse to the application.
I am under CEC.
Depends if you get married before or after you submit your eAPR. If you get married before, your CRS score will be recalulated as married.

If you get married after you submit the eAPR, then you simply contact IRCC via webform, inform them that your family status has changed, that you are now married, and request instructions on how to add your spouse to the application. You will need the marriage certificate and your spouse will need PCC(s) and the medical exam, as well as to complete some of the forms. It may delay your application a little, but it is usually not an issue.

Reactions: taher.bayadwala

taher.bayadwala

Oct 5, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Ok thank you.
I have applied my PR so if I get married I just let IRCC know about the changes. Will there be any issue causing rejection of the entire application considering my spouse not having any Canadian work exp or studies but a masters and 2 years work exp in NOC B with an ielts of 7.5-7-7-7