+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepted for MSc at McGill.... Can I get a loan?

nadermanasrah

Feb 27, 2010
Hi everybody... I am a permanent resident of canada since June 2008 currentky living abroad but will move with my fam. to canada next june 2011....I was basically accepted as an MSc student at the school of dentistry at McGill; but my potential supervisor told me that they can't fund my research, tuition, books, living expenses...etc... as they are short in funding these days. I was wondering if it was easy to get a student loan from banks in Montreal based on my admission as I am a father of a family of four and I need to make sure that I have enough support for my family during my study. your inputs are highly appreciated because I have to e-mail my supervisor with my decision... Thank you

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
yes, u can from the banks, but why dont u try to get financial aid from Canada government or Quebec. Check out financial aid from Canada service website.

nadermanasrah

Feb 27, 2010
Thank you abelkwh; but I was wondering if getting the loan from whatever source is guaranteed (easy) and whether it covers all the expenses icluding family support obligations?
your replies are very highly appreciated

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
It really depends on the source of funding. Some will provide u the fundings for covering expenses but dont hang too much hope on covering expenses. They do cover only a small portion of yr expenses if u get from the government and provided they give it to u based on yr income taxes the year before. While tuition is covered as a loan to u. It also depends on the province where u apply for yr loan and if u borrow from the financial institutions then it will depend on the FIs. U need to check out more where u want to get the loan from.

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
nadermanasrah said:
Hi everybody... I am a permanent resident of canada since June 2008 currentky living abroad but will move with my fam. to canada next june 2011....I was basically accepted as an MSc student at the school of dentistry at McGill; but my potential supervisor told me that they can't fund my research, tuition, books, living expenses...etc... as they are short in funding these days. I was wondering if it was easy to get a student loan from banks in Montreal based on my admission as I am a father of a family of four and I need to make sure that I have enough support for my family during my study. your inputs are highly appreciated because I have to e-mail my supervisor with my decision... Thank you
Hi there...
Have u done GRE too??? what was the score.. I am also a dental graduate and want to pursue MSc in dentistry..
ur reply would be appriciated
Thanks
AC