+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Lawer & prosecution .

ayanab7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Hi all,
I am in my country,my visa office is Singapore & my lawyer is in Canada.just want to know that, How my lawyer will help me 4 all da work. Let me know,please.

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
ayanab7 said:
Hi all,
I am in my country,my visa office is Singapore & my lawyer is in Canada.just want to know that, How my lawyer will help me 4 all da work. Let me know,please.
where are you from? and why u didnt choose the lawyer from your own country?

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
ayanab7 said:
Hi all,
When you hired your Lawyer, did you not ask him any questions? Did he not give you a quotation for his fees and service? I would think these are the first things you would ask.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabil2009 said:
where are you from? and why u didnt choose the lawyer from your own country?
Only Canadian lawyers, Certified Canadian Immigration Consultants and Quebec Notaries are allowed to represent applicants (for a fee) in Canadian immigration matters. How would a lawyer from his country know the laws about immigrating to Canada?

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
rjessome said:
Only Canadian lawyers, Certified Canadian Immigration Consultants and Quebec Notaries are allowed to represent applicants (for a fee) in Canadian immigration matters. How would a lawyer from his country know the laws about immigrating to Canada?
All most every country ,they have lawyer who Represent other country immigration case like in UK you will find easy a lawyer who deal with Canadian immigration.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabil2009 said:
All most every country ,they have lawyer who Represent other country immigration case like in UK you will find easy a lawyer who deal with Canadian immigration.
They may "know" about it but unless they are a Canadian lawyer registered with the appropriate law society in Canada, they are not legally allowed to represent an applicant and get paid for it.

john baptis

Mar 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
They may "know" about it but unless they are a Canadian lawyer registered with the appropriate law society in Canada, they are not legally allowed to represent an applicant and get paid for it.
dear rjessome,

All CSIC members are registered themselves in canada and have offices in abroad such as india and singapore and UK everywhere across the world and yeah for the quistion stated above that his lawyer how he will help him is if he has office in singapore its good otherwise by online but advisable is to find a Full CSIC member or lawyer in singapore .....

thx

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john baptis said:
dear rjessome,

All CSIC members are registered themselves in canada and have offices in abroad such as india and singapore and UK everywhere across the world and yeah for the quistion stated above that his lawyer how he will help him is if he has office in singapore its good otherwise by online but advisable is to find a Full CSIC member or lawyer in singapore .....

thx
Yes, CSIC members are different. Even lawyers may work internationally if they have offices abroad or an international law firm may employ Canadian lawyers. My point was that ALL CSIC members and Canadian lawyers must be educated, trained and certified (or called to the bar) IN Canada in order to represent applicants for Canadian immigration. Their society fees and insurance must also be kept up to date. I just don't want anyone thinking that a lawyer or consultant in their home country who does NOT meet the above requirements would be authorized to represent them.

For example, I live in Canada. If I wanted to immigrate to the United Kingdom and wanted to hire a representative, I could not use a CSIC member or Canadian lawyer unless they were also certified or called to the bar in the UK as well. I know you understand what I mean. There is plenty of fraud out there when it comes to Canadian immigration, with lots of lawyers and so-called consultants in foreign countries claiming they can represent people for immigration to Canada. Consumers must be aware of who is authorized and who isn't so they can better protect themselves. The Canadian government cannot punish a crooked lawyer or consultant who is NOT registered with the appropriate authority IN Canada.

john baptis

Mar 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thx to update me and their is a website of canadian society of immigration council where u can check the details of the said consultant weather he can represent u in embassy or not and its the same in every country

thx john

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This page of the CSIC website will let you know if a consultant is certified:

https://www.csic-scci.ca/find/