+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Landing in Canada

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Hi All,

I aleady got a reply from PMM about the matter below.PMM is almost always correct with his views about Can Immigration, but I want anyone else's opinion and practical experience in this matter as well.

I need your advise about landing in Canada. I am expecting our passports to be stamped and returned with the landing visas for my family, myself, my son and my husband, who is the principal applicant.

Can you advise me if it is possible for us to do the initial landing separately, that is can I along with my son do the landing first without the principal applicant(my husband) as he plans to follow us after some days.Should it be a problem since we will have our individual visas stamped. And if I can show the proof of funds etc,...?

Waiting for your reply...ASAP!

Thanks
Piyali

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Hi,

Can anyone advise me if I can land in Canada through any port of entry or is there any restriction? Can I land through Detroit ?

Thanks for your help!
Piyali

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Piyali said:
Hi All,

I aleady got a reply from PMM about the matter below.PMM is almost always correct with his views about Can Immigration, but I want anyone else's opinion and practical experience in this matter as well.

I need your advise about landing in Canada. I am expecting our passports to be stamped and returned with the landing visas for my family, myself, my son and my husband, who is the principal applicant.

Can you advise me if it is possible for us to do the initial landing separately, that is can I along with my son do the landing first without the principal applicant(my husband) as he plans to follow us after some days.Should it be a problem since we will have our individual visas stamped. And if I can show the proof of funds etc,...?

Waiting for your reply...ASAP!

Thanks
Piyali
Hi Piyali

Certainly there is another option since you cannot land before the principal applicant, if you husband has some pending business to do at your home country and if you cannot delay your landing due to visas expiration due date, then you may do your landing (all the family member) then as soon as you and your son get settled your husband can go back and get his business done.

Once you receive the PR cards you can send your husband's PR by courier to him

Good luck
Eduardo

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
I live in montreal, I got my PR recently (I didn't apply via CSQ(). I applied FED. skill worker. I am going to land soon, can I do my landing here in Quebec US border?? Please advise..

Also I (principal applicant) want to land first. Later my husband will come alone from India. Is it good ? or do we need to land together???

Please advise.