+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abnormal X-Ray?!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
6,205
279
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Even if a sponsored spouse does have TB, he or she will still be able to be issued a visa. Spouses are medical-demand exempt. Other immigrants, such as sponsored parents, do have to pass the medical to get a visa, but family-class sponsored spouses and dependent children do not. CIC will just insist on further tests and treatment if necessary, but you can still get a visa.
 
 

goodman36

Hero Member
Jul 19, 2012
872
19
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
Even if a sponsored spouse does have TB, he or she will still be able to be issued a visa. Spouses are medical-demand exempt. Other immigrants, such as sponsored parents, do have to pass the medical to get a visa, but family-class sponsored spouses and dependent children do not. CIC will just insist on further tests and treatment if necessary, but you can still get a visa.
Could you please tell us what EDE means when they ask for re-medical?

Are their codes to show how sensitive the applicant is in relation to future medical demand when they move to Canada?
 

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
1,120
131
canadianwoman said:
Even if a sponsored spouse does have TB, he or she will still be able to be issued a visa. Spouses are medical-demand exempt. Other immigrants, such as sponsored parents, do have to pass the medical to get a visa, but family-class sponsored spouses and dependent children do not. CIC will just insist on further tests and treatment if necessary, but you can still get a visa.
I've been wrong on this subject before, so take this with a grain of salt -- BUT, TB is not a problem of medical demand, it's considered a public health hazard. If the applicant has TB, they won't be able to immigrate until they prove that it is cured or inactive; and they will certainly have to be tested to make certain that it is not drug resistant. There was a recent case where CIC somehow missed an applicant's active TB, which turned out to be drug-resistant and caused them, their sponsor and (I think) at least one other person to have a lengthy stay in a sanitarium. Then CIC was sued by the applicant for failing to identify their TB . . .
 

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
6,205
279
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, but it will not lead to a refused visa. CIC will insist on further tests and treatment if necessary, but at the end of it all the applicant will not be refused because of it. Though if it can`t be cured I suppose they might be refused.
 

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
1,120
131
canadianwoman said:
Yes, but it will not lead to a refused visa. CIC will insist on further tests and treatment if necessary, but at the end of it all the applicant will not be refused because of it. Though if it can`t be cured I suppose they might be refused.
That can be a significant risk with some forms of TB -- I imagine CIC would be very hesitant to let one of the more virulent forms into the country. Plus, it is actually kind of tricky saying when TB is cured or not, I imagine that in practice it could delay an application almost indefinitely.
 
 

americaninlove

Full Member
Mar 30, 2013
41
1
Ontario
Doc's Request.
13-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
OP UPDATE:
So I ended up getting 3 more x-rays done with my American doctor to make sure I am healthy and without TB, and he told me my lungs looks great and saw nothing wrong! Everything in my medical came back good though, except for one abnormality they apparently found.

My American doctor was really upset they wouldn't tell me more information or release the x-ray so he contacted the Panel Physician and they refused to release the original x-ray, but gave a summary of the findings and I had one abnormality apparently. It took a while to finally get that info out of the panel doctor, but I am happy my doctor could. Apparently they found this as abnormal:

Apical pleural capping with a smooth inferior border (<1cm, thick at all points) (2.1) = yes

This was the only abnormality, but after 3 more x-rays with my doctor in America, he said he didn't see that at all... Anyone know what that even means?! My doctor tried to explain it, but all I understood really is that I don't have it. Do you think this would possibly push back our acceptance? Will I likely have to undergo another x-ray with a panel physician?

Thanks for the responses!
 

herewecome

Hero Member
Dec 18, 2012
271
4
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Unless its TB or suspected TB, even lung cancer would not stop you passing a medical. I have no idea what that means. What you could do is send in a medical report from your own doctor that shows nothing wrong. You may well pass anyway. Either way, a total pain and you worried unnecessarily!
 

Nitro24

Newbie
Mar 11, 2015
4
0
Hi americaninlove,

After Medical examination the doctor found: Apical pleural capping with a smooth inferior border (<1cm, thick at all points) (2.1) = yes

Is that could be an issue for processing application ?


Thank you,


americaninlove said:
OP UPDATE:
So I ended up getting 3 more x-rays done with my American doctor to make sure I am healthy and without TB, and he told me my lungs looks great and saw nothing wrong! Everything in my medical came back good though, except for one abnormality they apparently found.

My American doctor was really upset they wouldn't tell me more information or release the x-ray so he contacted the Panel Physician and they refused to release the original x-ray, but gave a summary of the findings and I had one abnormality apparently. It took a while to finally get that info out of the panel doctor, but I am happy my doctor could. Apparently they found this as abnormal:

Apical pleural capping with a smooth inferior border (<1cm, thick at all points) (2.1) = yes

This was the only abnormality, but after 3 more x-rays with my doctor in America, he said he didn't see that at all... Anyone know what that even means?! My doctor tried to explain it, but all I understood really is that I don't have it. Do you think this would possibly push back our acceptance? Will I likely have to undergo another x-ray with a panel physician?

Thanks for the responses!
 

Mapleson

Hero Member
Apr 2, 2015
534
31
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Nitro24 said:
Hi americaninlove,

After Medical examination the doctor found: Apical pleural capping with a smooth inferior border (<1cm, thick at all points) (2.1) = yes

Is that could be an issue for processing application ?


Thank you,
If you haven't looked it up yet, this is a dense mass at the top of the lung. There are many sources for this from idiopathic (unknown reason) to TB, cancer to haematoma. It warrants further investigation, but it doesn't automatically disqualify you. Good luck.
 
 

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
25,492
1,932
Hi

goodman36 said:
Could you please tell us what EDE means when they ask for re-medical?

Are their codes to show how sensitive the applicant is in relation to future medical demand when they move to Canada?
1. EDE Excessive Demand Exempt.
 

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
4,798
394
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Nitro24 said:
Hi americaninlove,

After Medical examination the doctor found: Apical pleural capping with a smooth inferior border (<1cm, thick at all points) (2.1) = yes

Is that could be an issue for processing application ?


Thank you,
If you look at the OPs profile, you can see that she landed last year so I guess it was fine!
 
 

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
4,545
1,637
Hello,,what happened to your wife now? we're same case,,did she get a visa?
The user you replied to posted only once in 2015. I doubt you will find out. And medical condition is case by case. So unless your wife has exactly the same condition, it's not going to be the same result.