+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A future with a French-Canadian citizen?

wellard1981

Apr 7, 2006
I have met and fallen in love with a French-Canadian girl who lives in Montreal, Quebec. We've known each other for quite a while and have discussed the possible future and would like to be together, however from what I understand it's not as simple as getting married to be able to live and work in Canada.

Basically, I am looking for simple stright forward advise on what to do next, or where to go to look for further information? I am also thinking about seeking legal advise.

I've been looking at the CIC site, however I just seem to be getting myself confused and frustrated with the information on the site.

Any suggestions?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wellard1981 said:
I have met and fallen in love with a French-Canadian girl who lives in Montreal, Quebec. We've known each other for quite a while and have discussed the possible future and would like to be together, however from what I understand it's not as simple as getting married to be able to live and work in Canada.

Basically, I am looking for simple stright forward advise on what to do next, or where to go to look for further information? I am also thinking about seeking legal advise.

I've been looking at the CIC site, however I just seem to be getting myself confused and frustrated with the information on the site.

Any suggestions?
1. For her to sponsor you, you after be either married or in a common/law relationship for at least 1 year, living togther and viewed in the community as a couple.
2. For the sponsorship see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html also follow the links to the Quebec site for obtaining CSQ.

PMM