+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few questions on the home child care provider program??

KitVakarian

Dec 3, 2019
England
Hi everyone,

I am looking at applying to the home child care provider program and just have a few questions.

I was looking at the offer of employment document and it asks for business information and a business number. Does that mean that the employer need to be business owners? Or am I misreading it?

Also under the education section it says 'You must have a completed post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year'. Now does this education credential have to be in child care or can it be in another field?

Thank you for any help you can give :)

- Kit

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The business number is the number you’d be given when you register with the CRA and get a payroll business for caregivers
It’s a nine digit number ending in RP
You call up the CRA business line and say you’re hiring a caregiver and would like to register for a caregiver payroll
They’ll register you over the phone . Ask for a long form PD7A to be mailed out for the IRCC, not the PD7A payment voucher
The agent will want to know the estimated payroll for the year and how often you’ll be paying the worker
Weekly, bi-weekly etc
Note, if you do not get approved for a worker you MUST call and cancel the account, otherwise it could start self assessing and send out a estimate payroll owing based upon the information given