+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a decision has been made...what does this mean?!?!

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
We had to resend our application due to some forms not being filled out. They received it on December 2nd and I just checked our status and it said a decision has been made. It doesn't say what the decision is, but they've sent us a letter that I guess we'll be getting any day now (from Canada to Dallas - maybe takes a few days). Anyone have experience in this? Is this good or bad?? I'm freaking ouuuuuuutttt!

Thoughts, questions?

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
they alway say a decision has been made but they never tell you what it is!! drives me nuts! they said the same thing for our case when we checked online and then we received first stage approval, which basically means they are starting on the background check. for us this took around 3-4 months. then we received another letter telling us the case was done but not what they actually decided! and that we had an interview schedule for jan 2010. my lawyer tells me this will be the landing interview so we are almost done.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no way to know. Ecas will always only say a decision has been made so you'll have to wait for the letter to find out what the decision actually was. Hope it's good news!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
are you talking about sponsorship approval in Mississauga? most of the cases are with positive decision. congratulations! happy holiday season! :)

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Yes, we sent it to Mississauga. So it's my understanding that we first get approved to sponsor (as in me sponsoring him), then they ask for his passport, and then we interview. Is this correct? I'm just wondering how this all works and what the timeline is.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rachel6992 said:
Yes, we sent it to Mississauga. So it's my understanding that we first get approved to sponsor (as in me sponsoring him), then they ask for his passport, and then we interview. Is this correct? I'm just wondering how this all works and what the timeline is.
Once your sponsorship part of the application has been approved, the application will be sent to the Visa Office (I think Buffalo in your case). Buffalo will be the ones approving the permanent residence portion of the application. You may have the interview waived (alot of people do), and once they have finalized the application and made a decision, then they will request the passport.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Awesome, thanks! Well we're living in Dallas right now, but my partner is a citizen of Mexico. Would that mean that he has to go to Mexico City to interview or do you think we can do it here? (his legal status is in Mexico only)

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I thought for some reason that he was American. So your application is going through Mexico City then right? Yes, if you did require an interview then, it should be in Mexico City.