+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Conundrum of Moves

CanVisaUser77

Jun 30, 2021
As we paln to move to Canada from USA, we do get nervous about high cost of living and lower salaries in Canada( at least in Ontario Toronto area where we need to go due to ONIP). I always calm myself by reminding that if I was moving to Canada from India I wouldn't worry this much about such stuff. However recently I met few more folks who have not been able to move to Canada since couple of years of doing soft landing due to similar issues.
Any logical and / or philosophical advices to clear my view are most welcomed.

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Well let's think about it this way, if your USA visa extension is denied then once you move to India, your salary will decrease even more than what the decrease will be if you move to Canada. Also not to mention the problems kids who are born and bought up all their life in USA face to adjust in India (Example education). So I strongly believe even though your salary and cost of living change when you move to Canada, other factors and benefits out way them.

CanVisaUser77

Jun 30, 2021
Well let's think about it this way, if your USA visa extension is denied then once you move to India, your salary will decrease even more than what the decrease will be if you move to Canada. Also not to mention the problems kids who are born and bought up all their life in USA face to adjust in India (Example education). So I strongly believe even though your salary and cost of living change when you move to Canada, other factors and benefits out way them.
Thats a good point - I can't fully visualize kids part yet as I don't have kids but in near future we will be a parent and I am sure it will make more sense then.