+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 MONTHS AND NO PRC ARRIVED YET

sadiadurani

Nov 26, 2010
I was married to Pakistani born canadian citizen. My husband sponsored me and my application was approved. I landed in canada(toronto) on 25th April 2010. At that time the processing time was 60 days. In June i had to come back to Pakistan for my sister's wedding and was planning to stay here in Pakistan for one month. But now its been six months and i have not received my PRC in canada as yet. I waited the PRC to arrive, which my husband would have sent through some one so that i could return to canada. However , i am stuck here without my Husband.Please advice what should i do. Does it happen often for the PRC not to arrive in 6 months time or some thing went wrong with my card(lost in the mail) or some thing.

should i reapply for the visa(from Pakistan) and return to canada. will that be a problem.
should i reapply for the PRC (how long will that take)

thank you and regards

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should've already dropped by the Embassy to ask what happened. It probably got stacked somewhere or probably sent to the wrong address (it happened to us when we arrived)

You should not re-apply for anything. You can go back to Canada asking the Embassy for a 1 time visa entry. You may have the necessary documentation with you to support your case. Once in Canada I'd go to some Immigration Canada office in your city and ask what happened