+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 months since medicals done but no reply yet. Disappointing !!!!!

SG

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
July 2009
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Passport Req..
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
25th May 2010
LANDED..........
ASAP
I completed medicals on 21st Dec 2009 requested on letter dated 16th Dec 2009. My other stages were super duper fast, got approval from Nova Scotia in 1month & 9 days, then after submitting my full docs to CHC-ND my case status changed to In-Process in 1month 13 days.

Now, I have worked in USA and Canada but provided PCC for USA ONLY(both FBI and State). I have also visited dubai but that was just as a tourist for 5 days.

I had raised an email enquiry earlier @ Jan 2010 end and got a response in 2 days which was:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.
We are currently reviewing the information provided by you in support of this application.
We estimate that the review may exceed the average processing timeframe set out in the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter which you received.
Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.
Our office will contact you as soon as the review is completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.
Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

I raised another one by end March 2010 and a got a reply after 2 weeks in April.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications.

I was initially quite excited and happy that I qualified for fast track and sply the way things were going but now I am loosing all my interest.

Any suggestions as to why its taking so long for background checks? Each time I raise an case specific enquiry I get a standard reply from CHC-New Delhi. I know I don't have much option than to just wait n wait n wait. But what worries me the most is how much more to wait. Don't they have a time limit within which they should respond? I thought this was fast track :(

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SG said:
I completed medicals on 21st Dec 2009 requested on letter dated 16th Dec 2009. My other stages were super duper fast, got approval from Nova Scotia in 1month & 9 days, then after submitting my full docs to CHC-ND my case status changed to In-Process in 1month 13 days.

Now, I have worked in USA and Canada but provided PCC for USA ONLY(both FBI and State). I have also visited dubai but that was just as a tourist for 5 days.

I had raised an email enquiry earlier @ Jan 2010 end and got a response in 2 days which was:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are currently reviewing the information provided by you in support of this application.
We estimate that the review may exceed the average processing timeframe set out in the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter which you received.
Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.
Our office will contact you as soon as the review is completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

I raised another one by end March 2010 and a got a reply after 2 weeks in April.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Under Canada's immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

I was initially quite excited and happy that I qualified for fast track and sply the way things were going but now I am loosing all my interest.

Any suggestions as to why its taking so long for background checks? Each time I raise an case specific enquiry I get a standard reply from CHC-New Delhi. I know I don't have much option than to just wait n wait n wait. But what worries me the most is how much more to wait. Don't they have a time limit within which they should respond? I thought this was fast track :(

You have almost similar time lines like I had. Well the background check response has not been completed yet by the external agencies. See your file is almost for 10 months now with local visa office for processing and they cannot delay it beyond 12 months as then it comes in statistics of local visa office and then Fast track process will be meaning less (Exceptions might be there). I think you should get your visa within May 2010. This is my opinion and observation

ka3far

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/Feb/09
Med's Request
9/Dec/09
Med's Done....
23/Dec/09
Interview........
15/Dec/08
Passport Req..
24/MAY/10
VISA ISSUED...
26/MAY/10
LANDED..........
soon :D
I have the same timeline ! done med's on 15 dec and they recieved them on 23 dec.. and still waiting .. but at least they reply to your email. i have sent 2 emails so far asking about my application but recieved nothing yet .. yes really disappointing!!

PPS7

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Hi SG,

I have send my medical on 2-feb-2010 to new delhi. I stayed one and half year in Canada on study permit. I am also waiting for approval and got same reply that you have got second time. It is very disappointing. Even i have attached criminal record check in file, but i donot think it make any difference.

Do you have any idea what they do in the security check? Presently you are in Canada Or India?

Regards
PPS :'(

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@sg

koi gal nai baai g aa jaoo gaa yaar visa, ghabraao naa, God is with us.

Wishes

SG

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
July 2009
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Passport Req..
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
25th May 2010
LANDED..........
ASAP
rocky272727 said:
You have almost similar time lines like I had. Well the background check response has not been completed yet by the external agencies. See your file is almost for 10 months now with local visa office for processing and they cannot delay it beyond 12 months as then it comes in statistics of local visa office and then Fast track process will be meaning less (Exceptions might be there). I think you should get your visa within May 2010. This is my opinion and observation
Hi Rocky,

If you look at it from the time I sent to CIO then it was arnd end May 09, approval from them was on 1st July 2009. 120 days started in July, I sent all my docs in Oct 2009. So that ways its going to be 12 months. I really hope they send me some reply +ive or -ive soon. I want to get over this thing and move on hopefully in canada.

SG

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
July 2009
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Passport Req..
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
25th May 2010
LANDED..........
ASAP
PPS7 said:
Hi SG,

I have send my medical on 2-feb-2010 to new delhi. I stayed one and half year in Canada on study permit. I am also waiting for approval and got same reply that you have got second time. It is very disappointing. Even i have attached criminal record check in file, but i donot think it make any difference.

Do you have any idea what they do in the security check? Presently you are in Canada Or India?

Regards
PPS :'(
Right now I am in India, was in Canada in 2005-2006. I actually don't know what they do but check these links, there is some details atleast.

BTW How long did it take for you to get it criminal record from Canada. I did not submit one and also have not been requested for one till date.

SG

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
July 2009
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Passport Req..
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
25th May 2010
LANDED..........
ASAP
Doglover said:
@ sg

koi gal nai baai g aa jaoo gaa yaar visa, ghabraao naa, God is with us.

Wishes
I really really hope so.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have read in many a forums that sending emails/letters to high commision is not a wise step since this can cause a delay at their end.

vehla_jatt

Dec 16, 2009
Winnipeg,MB
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September,2007
Nomination.....
April,2009
AOR Received.
May,2009
Med's Request
December,2009
Med's Done....
December,2009
Interview........
September, 2009
Passport Req..
21 December,2009
VISA ISSUED...
30 July 2010
LANDED..........
20 August,2010
hey hey SG we are on same track .....we received same emails. from embassy
no need to worry CHC jus taking time..n dont worry about emails reply wht they said..they jus copy paste the whole stuff to evrybody without looking at file....they are bigger lairs...hahahha

on 14 january the CHC reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to acknowledge that our office has received original passport for this application.

Due to the high volume of correspondence received by this office, it generally takes several days following receipt to process passports and place them on file. The file is then directed to the attention of a processing team, where it may take several more days for a final review to take place to ensure all requirements have met for visa issuance.

This file is currently pending final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

Please be advised that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your continued patience is appreciated. We can assure you that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted. Until we contact the applicant, either to request additional documents or information or to return the passports, we will not be able to respond to further enquiries.

in feb CHC reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

on march 9

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi .

on march 11

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi .

The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letter that you have received gave you the average processing time for visa applications for the category in which you have applied, if an interview or further investigation is not required.

Further investigations are necessary in relation with the processing of your application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including eligibility, health, security and criminality.

Our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications, including the one which is of interest to you.

on april 23

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your email asking why another applicant who applied at the same time, or after you, is being processed more quickly.

While applications are reviewed in order of date received, each case is assessed individually and therefore may not be processed simultaneously. Every application is unique, and some are more complex than others, meaning they take more time to process.

Your application is going through the required assessment process and be assured that we dedicate all our efforts to processing the applications as quickly as possible.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haral said:
i have read in many a forums that sending emails/letters to high commision is not a wise step since this can cause a delay at their end.
It is not true as per my opinion.

vehla_jatt

Dec 16, 2009
Winnipeg,MB
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September,2007
Nomination.....
April,2009
AOR Received.
May,2009
Med's Request
December,2009
Med's Done....
December,2009
Interview........
September, 2009
Passport Req..
21 December,2009
VISA ISSUED...
30 July 2010
LANDED..........
20 August,2010
rocky272727 said:
vehla_jatt immediately check my PM.
thnkkk u veer..

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@rocky

yaar apnaay Punjabi thread vich v kadday apnaa yogdaan payya karo! V always need senior advice

Cheers