+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 months canadian experience on visitor and after 2 months got job on pgwp

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I have 4 months experience working at University on visitor status. I got my pgwp after that and on receiving that right away started working at another company with a different NOC. So in between I was dis no work for 2months. Now I am in my 6th month of working on pgwp. Will the 4 months be included in 12 months or should i just do 6 more months in my current job and then apply under CEC. Thanks!

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi everyone, I have 4 months experience working at University on visitor status. I got my pgwp after that and on receiving that right away started working at another company with a different NOC. So in between I was dis no work for 2months. Now I am in my 6th month of working on pgwp. Will the 4 months be included in 12 months or should i just do 6 more months in my current job and then apply under CEC. Thanks!
Forget about counting them towards the CEC requirement. When you create an Express Entry profile, it asks if you were authorized to work. In your case, you were not.

You do realize that you can not work legally while you are on a visitor status, right? Not only is it illegal, but CBSA and IRCC can take action against you to enforce the immigration law.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Thanks for the response.
No in my case it was different. I could work legally for specified period on my visitor as it was for university (under 120 day skilled category. Also my student visa was valid then but acc to cic my student visa would become invalid as soonas i received visitor status. All my working periods are legal. My only question is if that experience counts in any way.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Also i realize i would apply only after i finish my one year on pgwp because 4 months wont make a difference. The options fr wrk exp are like 1/2/3 years so 1.4 wouldnt help me in any way except fr making a profile quickly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Also i realize i would apply only after i finish my one year on pgwp because 4 months wont make a difference. The options fr wrk exp are like 1/2/3 years so 1.4 wouldnt help me in any way except fr making a profile quickly. Please correct me if I am wrong.
This is my understanding. Any work experience that you gained as a student in Canada does not count towards CEC. You should start counting your work experience from the day you applied for your PGWP, as that is the date you got your implied status. I hope this is helpful to you.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
My case is a bit different here. I was working in visitor and could wrk only for the university and no where else as I planned to start my PhD after those four months. But I changed my mind and applied for pgwp. So when ai applied for my pgwp also that time i had two valid status student and visitor but cic told me that only visitor is valid now as its the most recent one. So I was unable to wrk after applying for my pgwp because acc to CIC my student status was invalid then and I was a worker on visitor status who could work only for 120 days for the univeristy. Once my pgwp was approved I started working right way (i was volunteering at a place and as soon as it got approved i told them and they put me on a paid position). So there is a gap between those two jobs and different noc too. Anyway i plan to apply only after conpletion of one year in my current job. Thanks for the reply. Do you by any chance know anyone who has applied with noc 2211 as Quality Control Tech in food processing. I posted a thread but did not get any reply. Thanks once again.