Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone ever sponsored twice ? After the 3 year waiting period of course........? ;D

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
I have sponsored 2 times. First application was rejected and the second one was approved.

I

iarblue

You mean two different spouses right not twice for the same person.

ashleighash

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, Sponsored about 7 years ago and have been divorced for 3 years now. My ex husband has moved back to his home land and had started a new family with new wife and child.

I'm hoping that will not effect my application this time, last time it was done IN COUNTRY and this time it will be done OUT OF COUNTRY.

Should this effect my 2nd application process ? Do they FLAG 2nd time Sponsors ?

I

iarblue

Well the only thing you might have to worry about is that you were married 7 years ago divorced 3 which means you divorced around one year after the PR.Thats where it may get tricky as they have no idea he is back in his country and has left Canada.
You could just write a note and pin it to your divorce certificate.Explaing that you divorced and he has left Canada to where ever.
They for sure will likely ask for an interview but i guess thats their call.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They definitely note if a person has sponsored more than once. Basically they will look at the first case to see if, in hindsight, it looks like a marriage of convenience. If not, no problem. Since you were married to your first husband for three years, and in particular since he has left Canada and gone back to his home country, it does not look like a marriage of convenience made just so he could come live in Canada.
Give proof that the first marriage wasn't a marriage of convenience in your new application - especially proof that he has left Canada.

Even if the first marriage was a marriage of convenience, if you can prove that you were sincere and were duped by your first spouse, the second sponsorship can still be approved.
I've seen cases on appeal where probably the first marriage was a marriage of convenience, and both partners were in on it, and yet the second marriage was still approved, so don't worry.

ashleighash

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Canadian Woman ! Do you think it could benefit me to have my former spouse write a letter to support my case ?

I

iarblue

If you could get your ex to copy his passport write a letter underneath it that your divorced and he has moved back to his country and started a new family.And if he could get it notorized, it would be perfect to you and attach it to your divorce certificate.You just dont want them to question anything right so the less you give them to question,the better it is for you.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
ashleighash said:
Thanks Canadian Woman ! Do you think it could benefit me to have my former spouse write a letter to support my case ?
That would be great. He's moved on; why shouldn't you?
He could write that he really loved you and wanted to have a life together, but it didn't work out for xxx reasons. He left Canada on ..., went back to his home country, after a few months started dating again and is now married with children. He supports your new marriage and wishes you all the best. Or whatever the situation is. Plus evidence.
They will definitely look at the first sponsorship and the CAIPS notes, so make sure nothing is contradicted.

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
I'm in the process of sponsoring my 2nd husband. I successfully sponsored my 1st husband in 2003, but we separated in 2008 and our divorce was final in July '09. He went back to his home country after the separation where he remains to this day. I married another man in August of last year and am now in the process of sponsoring him. He had his interview on May 5th, and ECAS still shows 'in process'. I sent lots of proof with my application that our marriage is genuine, e.g., proof that we talk on the phone and/or text each other every day, Skype and MSN chats showing that we've talked to each other every day since we met, letters of support from family and friends, tons of photos of us together on vacation and of our rather large traditional wedding, a letter explaining my 1st sponsorship and how it ended, etc., etc. I also sent a 2nd package of proof shortly after my husband received his AOR. I 'think' my husband's interview went well, but the waiting and not knowing is 'killing' us. There is also a big age difference, so it could go either way! I know someone else who was sponsoring her husband with a big age difference thru the same visa office as us, and her husband just got refused and this was her first sponsorship. This has me worried, but her husband got refused only 2 weeks after his interview and it's been almost a month now since my husband's interview, so maybe this is a good sign! We were told that if a decision is made within 2 months, it will be a refusal, and if it's longer than 2 months, it will be a 'yes'! I guess they do the background check after they decide the marriage is genuine and it won't say 'decision made' until this is finalized.

Good luck to all! :)

I

iarblue

I dont think anyone can give you time frames, on saying that if its more than two months its an approval, if less than two months refusal.Someone just told you their own situation i think.Because on here people have got approval at their interview,other were told they would be in contact so it just really depends on how the IO really determaines how it is going to go on.
everyones situation is different,they use trick tactics to see if the relationship is true.So dont put weight on the time after the interview it really depends on the proof you have supplied and the interview,

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
It was the Visa Officer who interviewed my friend's husband, same embassy as my husband, who said this about the 2 months. And since she was refused in less than 2 months, maybe it's true for this embassy??? (or maybe true just in my friend's case?) ::)