+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

TRIP

Dec 14, 2021
Thank you so much. You message, and another one (with a link to info on what happens when one makes 2 applications at the same time) with from someone here, helped immensely.
I applied for an open work permit and attached a multitude of documents with a checklist, including the screenshots + fee receipt, My contract job offer ( even though not required), my current work permit + the implied status letter i got from ircc based on the previous closed work permit application i made, my Educational Credential Assessment report and a personal statement letter.
I got conformation of submission the next day, and got another IRCC implied status with authorization to work letter (based on this open permit application).

Now, to decide whether to withdraw the first one since it is most likely to get rejected, or simply leave both running. And also hope to get it processed sooner than later, coz logistically speaking, I need a job to be able to sustain!

But in any case, got a bit of a breather now. So, thanks again for being most helpful!

TRIP

Dec 14, 2021
If you had received the registration confirmation email in your inbox, then it's very unlikely that the submission confirmation email went to Spam. You probably never got it in the first place. If it was a spam issue, the registration confirmation email would have gone to Spam to begin with. Your best bet is to do as advised already, which is to just put together any other evidence as you seem to have done.

To be safe, you can withdraw your current WP application and apply for the OWP based on the TR-2-PR before your current WP expires on Dec 31. You will still be on implied status, legally, with that OWP application and you can continue on your current job if possible, but you can't switch to another job.

If you keep your current WP application, you can also still apply for the OWP after your current WP is expired on Dec 31, so far your current WP application has not been concluded, and you will still be in legal status but you may or may not be able to continue working.

I think cancelling your current application now and making another OWP application before Dec 31 is the safer option. Also, you can make another application and leave both applications to run concurrently, no harm done.

All these possibilities are listed on this IRCC policy guide that deals with this subject:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html#sec4
Thank you immensely. Appreciate it so much!
I applied for an open work permit and attached a multitude of documents with a checklist, including the screenshots + fee receipt, My contract job offer ( even though not required), my current work permit + the implied status letter i got from ircc based on the previous closed work permit application i made, my Educational Credential Assessment report and a personal statement letter.
I got conformation of submission the next day, and got another IRCC implied status with authorization to work letter (based on this open permit application).

Now, to decide whether to withdraw the first one since it is most likely to get rejected, or simply leave both running. And also hope to get it processed sooner than later, coz logistically speaking, I need a job to be able to sustain!

But in any case, got a bit of a breather now. So, thanks again for being most helpful!

TRIP

Dec 14, 2021
Once you make a withdrawal application and it is approved you can make a new one as you know. IRCC officers will be working over the holiday period so once you make a new application before the permit expires you will receive confirmation of application which allows you implied status and you to continue working. So don't worry the IRCC doesn't shuts down fully, just less capacity.

Also, when you make the new application under the Tr to PR stream, on the application you must select "new employer" and ensure that you provide the job offer/contract along with the application.

All the best!
Good to know, with regards to the holidays!
I made a new open work permit application . So, i now have two applications running, although the first one will most likely be rejected. In which case, the second one should hold good i think. Hopefully, my screen shots and fee receipt are enough evidence that I have submitted the TR to PR.
Im not sure there was an option for 'new employer' when making the bridging open work permit application :/ , but I did provide the job details in the form and attached the offer letters in the client info!

VivSin

Dec 21, 2021
Thank you, guys. This forum has been a great help to know the status of what is going on and what to expect for my application. Here is my timeline
Essential Worker- Non-Health Care
Applied: May 6, 8:00 PM
Linked: Oct 02 (Found No ADR request)
Medical Passed: Sep 24 ( get to know this after linking)
AOR: Nov 18
Background Check- Processing to Progress: Dec 02
ADR: Dec 02 (Proof of Income)
ADR Replied: Dec 03 (Paystubs)
ADR in Review: Dec 07
Background check Back to Processing from Progress: Dec 13
GU1 & GU2: Dec 13
Portal Request Email: Dec 21
Portal Credential:
ECoPR:
PR Card:

S S Sidhu

Oct 28, 2021
Thank you immensely. Appreciate it so much!

I would suggest leave both of them running for now. Reason being, they are processing OWP under new policy really quickly and if they approve it based on the screenshots then you are good but in case they don't approve it you still have implied status based on your previous application which most probably will take a considerable amount of time(108 days as per the website) and by then you might even get something on your PR application.
Just giving you different scenarios

Reactions: Tomican

MahsaRe

Sep 19, 2021
yeah. aor 27 oct
pcc medical submitted 27 oct same day
1 nov medical passed
after that nothing
Same here.
I got my Aor on Oct 29th. Medical passed the same day. Few days later biometric refund to the my bank account, the status changed we don’t need biometric.
and no updates after that.