+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Dinesh.mangla

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hi everyone, I got my portal login information today but my name is missing from the portal to upload photo and address. Only my wife's name is there. Is anybody have faced the same issue and know how to resolve it? Any help will be appreciated!

Free Willy

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Oh that's not good. When setting up the TR to PR pathway acct, I received 2 emails from IRCC in my inbox, but after paying and submitting - none!
Anyways , I was hoping you could advice me on the very precarious situation I am in right now, please. You've been very helpful thus far and I truly appreciate it.
Below is what I am in a dilemma about right now:

'To recap: I applied for my PR under this pathway in October - under the essential health care category. While i can see my submission online with submitted payment receipt, I never received any confirmation email. I understand AORs are being received rather late, but i never received even the system generated automated email.
Now my current employer- specific work permit ( as a post doctoral clinical fellow) expires on 31/12/21.

Since i did not have any confirmation email, i applied for a new work permit since i have a new job offer - the problem is , the new job offer is not employer specific and does not have an LMIA exempt number. It is a self contracting research position paid by grant money .
I applied under the 'self -employed' category, but realise now that i am not eligible for such a work permit, and fear now that my application is redundant.

I have received implied status, and an email from IRCC, giving me authorization to continue working in my old job (although i cant since it a 2 year max training position) , while they come to a decision.

I now want to try applying for the open permit based on the premise that I have applied for PR.
I have made a file with the payment receipt and screen shots of the submission page on my TRto PR account, as per your advice. Hoping that will work, along with a personal letter of explanation.

But, I also I need to withdraw my current application, before i can even make a new application, and worry that they will only see my withdrawal request after the holidays. By then , i will be post expiry of my work permit and wont be able to make a new application for open permit? or will i have still have an implied status based on the current work permit application ?
(AND even if i can , without PR confirmation email, its a risk as to whether it will even work.)

When submitting the webform, do i select enquiry priority request as
1. Withdrawal of application , or will it be safer to select 2. Replacement documents, amendments to documents and verification of status documents.

And do I explain that i made a mistake applying by applying under self employed since i have a contracting job offer, and realize now that it makes me ineligible . And that i would hence like to apply for an open work permit asap...

Such a crunch time and so stressful as to what to do. Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Once you make a withdrawal application and it is approved you can make a new one as you know. IRCC officers will be working over the holiday period so once you make a new application before the permit expires you will receive confirmation of application which allows you implied status and you to continue working. So don't worry the IRCC doesn't shuts down fully, just less capacity.

Also, when you make the new application under the Tr to PR stream, on the application you must select "new employer" and ensure that you provide the job offer/contract along with the application.

All the best!

Last edited:

Free Willy

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Well that's tricky and instead of providing some wrong information I would request other members of the forum to guide you.

And my knowledge:
  1. You cannot switch jobs while on implied status as it is basically a temporary extension of your work permit, meeting the same set of conditions
  2. If you withdraw your current WP application then you'll lose your implied status once your WP expires on 31st, unless you get authorization to work based on your new Open WP application
  3. You can apply for WP in multiple streams at the same time as long as you are not just duplicating the application in the same category
I would suggest apply for open WP with whatever you got.

Guys please feel free to correct me if I am wrong somewhere.
Thanks
If the current work permit was restricted, while on implied status s/he may not change employer unless or until a new permit is issued that allows s/he to work for said company. What they need to do like you advised is to withdraw the application quickly and apply for the OPW under the TR to PR stream and in submitting that application instead of selecting "same employer" they instead selected "new employer" and provide supporting job contract with the application.

The IRCC has stated that persons for OWP with new employer are priority cases along with the Afghan situation so s/he can expect a quick decision on the application.

urvishshah

Jun 19, 2021
You guys should hear something soon.. I have seen some youtubers reporting applicants who received AOR and they applied 8:06 and 8:10 PM. I am at 10:15-10:20 PM, but I know between 8:00 to 10:00 there wasn't a huge number of applicants added.. so hopefully next month or so I hear something as well!
Fingers crossed!!

Free Willy

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hello, I found a strange thing.
I sent Medical in Nov according to request then but got a totally same request today.
Is it just an error? There is no sentence requesting further medical test, and just the same sentence asking medical.
Probably an error, but resend nonetheless!!

Reactions: byqc

Rapinder kaur

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received my eCOPR on Dec 10 but my photo is still in review for 10 days already, I'm wondering if they'll update the status or if I need to contact IRCC. What's the approximate timeline to receive the PR Card?

Also, I can't link the PR Card Application in the GC Key Account.
My status for PR card approval shows in review with IRCC, for the last 15 days.
where you have seen your COPR in the GIC account or in the PR portal?

Pink rose5

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Same here, i only show medical passed. Also, they need my bio and additional document they will send me an email with more details. Is been a month now but nothing so far. No need to worry as long as we AOR, they will work on it just that is sucks and just so you know you are not alone. I believe there are a whole bunch of people with similar situation. Let keep praying and hope for the best at this point.
Hi, can you tell me where do you see that medical exam was passed? because I am not seeing that.