+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years work permit

sookie

Aug 25, 2009
Dear all,

I got a work permit on September 13'th and its validity is for 2 years I also have the TRV for 2 years and a month. I am here in CND under the Live-in worker program.

I just wanted to ask if everything is ok with my work permit, since I read on the CIC website that the work permits are issued for one year with the possibility of extension.

Is it true that I have to leave Canada after the 2 years of work as stated in the Work Permit? Can I still apply for permanent residency? If it's true I'd leave Canada immediately. (What's the point of LCP, if I'd not be able to apply for PR)?

Please help and share your experiences!

Thanks.

sookie

Aug 25, 2009
Thanks job_seeker,

Can you please confirm that everything is fine with my 2 years work permit and TRV???

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sookie said:
Thanks job_seeker,

Can you please confirm that everything is fine with my 2 years work permit and TRV???
Yes it is okay. Immigration used to issue one year work permits but now they give two year permits (saves time and money too for the care giver). I read somewhere [done a lot of reading =))] that the visa officers sometimes give the full 3.25 years TRV, the time a LIC should finish his/her required 24 month before he/she can apply for PR. All the best.

vipertabz

Sep 25, 2009
hi, i have a question for your too job_seeker, coz i am a caregiver too but my employer wants to have a vacation in the philippines next year probably by may - june 2010. they want me to come with them. if i go with them, am i still qualified for the PR application? sicne the requirements is to stay 24 month in canada. but by that time i just stayed here in canada for 16 months...can i still qualify for that...need clarification pls..tnx

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vipertabz said:
hi, i have a question for your too job_seeker, coz i am a caregiver too but my employer wants to have a vacation in the philippines next year probably by may - june 2010. they want me to come with them. if i go with them, am i still qualified for the PR application? sicne the requirements is to stay 24 month in canada. but by that time i just stayed here in canada for 16 months...can i still qualify for that...need clarification pls..tnx
You might have to extend your stay to cover the amount of time you are away from Canada before you apply for PR. You are allowed 2 weeks vacation after the first year of working as a caregiver. I am just not aware if a live in caregiver can actually accumulate the 2 weeks per year and get it like 4 weeks after the two years is over. The 24 month required work as caregiver should be finished in three years. So you have enough time I should think.

ishan sharma

Feb 20, 2018
Dr. Mark Trudeau and Family.
1141 Birchmount Rd,
Scarborough, ON M1P 2B7,
Canada
+14378871490

Dr. Mark Trudeau and Family Appointment Letter / LMO.

Dear Ishan Sharma,

This is an affirmation that your experience and qualifications where found successful for the requirements of Dr. Mark Trudeau and Family in Canada and to these effect only applicants who possess the Appointment / Offer Letter have been appointed.

However, for expatriate services, employees who do not presently posses their valid Canadian residence and Work Permit papers, they are to make contact with the address given below for directives and assistance on the procurement of their valid residence and work permits papers with the Canadian Immigration Services in their Various countries.

Also as an employee of Dr. Mark Trudeau and Family, Immigration Officer will process your working permit in India. We are providing you with the contact details of the Immigration Officer over there in (India) so as to make things easier for you in obtaining the required traveling documents. So you should take note of this.

NOTICE: All employees of Dr. Mark Trudeau and Family must procure the Canadian valid work/resident permit papers/insurance license before they can be given first month salary, flight ticket and other monetary benefits which will enable them take care of their local expenses before they embark on their trip to Canada. It is the sole responsibility of all expatriates/employees to bear the cost of procuring the valid Canadian work/resident permit papers/insurance license. Note, any amount of money you spend on this paper works shall be reimbursed after five working days once the valid work/resident permit paper is furnished to the employer.

EXPATRIATES PERFORMANCE

The last project was successful as all expatiates performed well as they gained recognition with the management of Dr. Mark Trudeau and Family, having completed their assignment. The attached documents embody the approved Appointment Letter / LMO of the purpose of this contract. Make sure you send a valid phone contact to the Immigration Officer for easy communication as we have already sent the hard copies of your contract document to the Immigration Department.

Note that all Canadian based employees are to report personally to our office with identification materials for signing and collection of hard copy of their documents. This is in line with the expatriate statuary law of the Canada.

You have to contact the below person representing a higher percentage of expatriate status employee with your complete details including tel. contact to fasting up the process in relations to this procedure, your LMO hard Copy has been sent directly to him from the LMO Office with other legal back up documents for your work permit visa.

Canadian Immigration Attaché
Contact person: Hon. Mr. Victor David
Email: canadiangov-vfs@counsellor.com

Update us regarding the Visa process, in-case of advice where necessary.

Best regards,
Dr. Mark Trudeau
Director

ishan sharma

Feb 20, 2018
Hi,
I am Ishan , I get job offer from canada
i am attaching job offer letter .
kindly tell me this is genuine or fake.

Regards
Ishan sharma

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am Ishan , I get job offer from canada
i am attaching job offer letter .
kindly tell me this is genuine or fake.

Regards
Ishan sharma
It's very obviously a scam.

Jul 6, 2018
Dear all,

I got a work permit on September 13'th and its validity is for 2 years I also have the TRV for 2 years and a month. I am here in CND under the Live-in worker program.

I just wanted to ask if everything is ok with my work permit, since I read on the CIC website that the work permits are issued for one year with the possibility of extension.

Is it true that I have to leave Canada after the 2 years of work as stated in the Work Permit? Can I still apply for permanent residency? If it's true I'd leave Canada immediately. (What's the point of LCP, if I'd not be able to apply for PR)?

Please help and share your experiences!

Thanks.
Hi , my I ask you what is TRV? Katharina John

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi

May I ask you what is TVR? Katharina John! THANK YOU
A TRV = temporary resident visa, basically supports temporary stays in Canada generally as a visitor unless backed up with a study or work permit, still temporary though. The time anyone can stay in the country on this type of visa is determined by CBSA at the border.

ashton72

May 18, 2012
HI There,

I would like to know, as a failed refugee claimant, can I return to Canada on a open work permit? Its been over 8 years since I am back in my home country and I have some one in Canada who can help me with a open work permit.