+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years work experience for CEC

royalstellar

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
I am 40 yrs old and I cant get PNP bc im on a contract. Lots of things are tricky for me right now.

I have worked in canada around 18 months FT. I still have work permit left to expire.

I just need to find out all the options.
I am not able to continue working FT due to medical reasons.

At this point if I work PT, how does it contribute to 2 years of CEC so I get higher CRS score?

Your experience must be at least:

• One year of full-time work
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), or
  • equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
    • 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Please help , I really didnt know fate would twist me like this.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You already have 18 months of work ex. Now, you need another 6 months in a NOC 0,A,B job. Yes, part time work counts, so you need to get 780 hours of work somehow.

If you work part time 15 hours a week, it will take you one calendar year to get the six months you need. Simply divide 780/number of hours you work to get the number of weeks you need to work.

Note that it has to be a NOC 0,A,B job.

Reactions: jes_ON

royalstellar

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
You already have 18 months of work ex. Now, you need another 6 months in a NOC 0,A,B job. Yes, part time work counts, so you need to get 780 hours of work somehow.

If you work part time 15 hours a week, it will take you one calendar year to get the six months you need. Simply divide 780/number of hours you work to get the number of weeks you need to work.

Note that it has to be a NOC 0,A,B job.
This gave me so much clarity! Thank you! I have too many anxiety to sort things out without clear explanation.

I have one more question. I started my work on Aug 1 ,2018 which was a Wednesday. Does Aug 1st week (Worked 3 days x 7.5 hours = 22.5 hours) count as 1 week or can I put these hours in a different week?

Another job, I started on June 14,2017 which was a Wednesday. So this week I worked (3 days x 8 hours=24 hours)

How do these get calculated for CRS points aiming CEC?

Both were full time and NOC B jobs. Thank you in advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This gave me so much clarity! Thank you! I have too many anxiety to sort things out without clear explanation.

I have one more question. I started my work on Aug 1 ,2018 which was a Wednesday. Does Aug 1st week (Worked 3 days x 7.5 hours = 22.5 hours) count as 1 week or can I put these hours in a different week?

Another job, I started on June 14,2017 which was a Wednesday. So this week I worked (3 days x 8 hours=24 hours)

How do these get calculated for CRS points aiming CEC?

Both were full time and NOC B jobs. Thank you in advance
Doesn't really matter which day you started, it's the hours that matter. If you worked 22.5 hours, and this is obvious from your letter, they will count 22.5 hours. Same for the second job.

Also, officers do have some discretion - if you are falling short by a very few hours (5-6 hours, maybe), it's highly likely they will let that pass.

royalstellar

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Doesn't really matter which day you started, it's the hours that matter. If you worked 22.5 hours, and this is obvious from your letter, they will count 22.5 hours. Same for the second job.

Also, officers do have some discretion - if you are falling short by a very few hours (5-6 hours, maybe), it's highly likely they will let that pass.
So you mean if they let it pass it would be considered as one week right? Is there a way to look at my ROE or paystubs to figure this exactly out? I also had two jobs and considering to work on the second job part time.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So you mean if they let it pass it would be considered as one week right? Is there a way to look at my ROE or paystubs to figure this exactly out? I also had two jobs and considering to work on the second job part time.
Yes, it is possible to look at your letter and paystubs and figure it out. Your letter will say how many hours a week you worked, and on which day you started. Then it's a simple matter to look at the calendar, right?

Yes, you can work on multiple jobs, but remember that won't count any hours over 30 in a week.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, it is possible to look at your letter and paystubs and figure it out. Your letter will say how many hours a week you worked, and on which day you started. Then it's a simple matter to look at the calendar, right?
Simple for people who work regular hours, but not always so simple for people who work variable hours (e.g. on call) ... in those cases paystubs showing hours worked may help / be required, and yes the ROE is a good alternative to paystubs.