+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Search results

  1. jclarke99

    Taxes - U.S. Citizen & Canadian PR - Filing Married vs Separately

    About to received Canadian PR, and have a question about filing Separately vs Jointly Married. We're both U.S. Citizens and my spouse is a Canadian Citizen, and I will be a Canadian PR. We plan to move to Canada soon. When we become residents of Canada, we'll need to file both U.S. and...
  2. jclarke99

    How do taxes work for IRA withdrawal for U.S. citizen living in Canada?

    I've done a lot of digging, but can't seem to get my arms around this one. Assume.. - U.S. citizen who is PR of Canada, living in Canada - over the age 59 1/2 (no early withdrawal penalty) - Wants to start making IRA withdrawals from U.S. brokerage account (that does allow for Canadian home...