Search results

  1. sss12345

    Travelling with a RTD after becoming a Canadian

    Hello everyone! I had my citizenship oath about 3 weeks ago and still haven’t received my certificate. They had me cut my PR card but my RTD (refugee travel document) is still valid - I need to travel urgently, so do you guys think I can use it? Or will I have issues at the airport when coming back?
  2. sss12345

    dual citizen leaving Canada for the US

    Land is even less complex as you'll be dealing with the respective country's border services agency directly. Either side of the border cannot turn a citizen away, even if they are not carrying documents with them. Just as an FYI, if you're a permanent resident or have status in Canada, your...
  3. sss12345

    dual citizen leaving Canada for the US

    Not really. There's an exception for US passport holders. "Exception: If you are an American-Canadian dual citizen with a valid U.S. passport, you don’t need a Canadian passport to fly to Canada. However, you still need to carry proper identification and meet the basic requirements to enter...
  4. sss12345

    Buy property

    Yes you can. There is a foreign buyer tax in some provinces though, not sure if you're subject to that before being a PR.
  5. sss12345

    Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

    There's now a new option on the new RTD form where you can ask them to mail the old RTD back to you along with the new one.
  6. sss12345

    Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

    I'm sorry to hear about that Albertooo. Even though it's unfortunate that your visa got refused, I do see where the officer is coming from. The way they see it is that you applied for a US visitor visa primarily to visit the US but in fact you used it as a mean to enter Canada and claim refugee...
  7. sss12345

    Need Passport from IRCC before asylum hearing

    If you are sure that you qualify for a US Green Card and your appointment at the embassy is very close, then I would suggest that you apply for a new passport ONLY and ONLY if you think you won't have any issues doing that at your home country's embassy/consulate. The reason I am suggesting that...
  8. sss12345

    URGENT : when they return my doughter US passport

    You should try contacting the CBSA, as they are the ones who hold onto the passports. From what I've been reading, it seems like a long and tedious process. If you need to leave urgently, I would suggest applying for a new passport at your nearest US consulate/embassy. You should also check with...
  9. sss12345

    J had left Canada for USA to seek asylum

    Canada is the best country in the world! I am very proud and grateful to have the chance to live in such an amazing country.
  10. sss12345

    Refugee travel documents problem

    I have a friend who travelled on a family visit visa to Saudi Arabia using his RTD. Try calling the Saudi embassy in Ottawa, I believe the visa section is still up and running. I heard that you need a PR to get an Umrah visa, not sure about this though.
  11. sss12345

    Study Permit Convention refugee

    Protected persons who do not have PR status have always needed a permission from IRCC to study or work in Canada (even in 2017), unless it was a language course I believe. Some universities treat non-PR protected persons as PR and as a result don't ask to see a study permit, therefore the burden...
  12. sss12345

    Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

    Unfortunately in your situation you can't sponsor your girlfriend to come to Canada as an immigrant. Since your girlfriend is a green card holder, she doesn't need to go through the regular visa application procedure to come visit Canada; she will need to apply for an ETA online (usually...
  13. sss12345

    Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

    If you're a permanent resident then you might be eligible for a waiver. I know friends from banned countries who are PR and were able to get visitor visas to the US, although it's never guaranteed. If you're not yet a PR I would suggest that you wait until you become one, unless any of the other...
  14. sss12345

    Study Permit Convention refugee

    There's nothing to worry and be anxious about. Don't worry! Since it says on IRCC's website that the processing time is one month and you've only waited for 14 days so far, there is no reason to be anxious. They usually tend to finalize applications on the one month mark exactly or a few days...
  15. sss12345

    Study Permit Convention refugee

    I believe applying online shouldn't be an issue. I've heard of people putting the day they submit the application or the day after as the day of their passport's expiry (with uploading a letter of explanation that their passport have expired). Proof of funds shouldn't be an issue either, just...
  16. sss12345

    Refugees travelling using their national passports

    I would also like to add that becoming a PR through the Protected Persons PR category does not mean that the person is no longer a Refugee/Protected Person.
  17. sss12345

    Required visa in RTD

    The UAE does not issue visas for RTD holders i.e. RTD holders are not allowed to enter the UAE Saudi Arabia does issue Umrah visas for RTD holders. You can apply for the visa from Canada through an authorized agent. As far as I know you have to go through a visa agent and you can't apply...
  18. sss12345

    Citizenship judge

    Check if any of these apply to you
  19. sss12345

    Reschedule Landing Interview for PR.

    Don't worry you'll get your appointment postponed. As long as you sent them an email explaining your situation, i.e. you'll be outside the country for family reasons, you'll be fine. IRCC is infamous for replying to emails in a timely manner.
  20. sss12345

    Hi everyone.. I need a help.. My refugee documents has expired with my work permit. I needs help

    It can be renewed by simply going to an IRCC office during business hours and telling them that you’re a refugee claimant and you need your “Refugee Protection Claimant Document” renewed. Check my post on the page linked below for a more detailed answer...