US green card holder applying for canada immigration Immigration Forum
April 28, 2017, 08:45:33 pm
   Home   Assessment Help Search Login Register RSS  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: US green card holder applying for canada immigration  (Read 6931 times)

Posts: 1
Ratings: +0

« on: February 27, 2011, 05:02:21 am »

I'm a US green card holder, (family based), and I want to migrate to Canada. Should I apply as a skilled worker? Is that the only way? I mean is it any easier for a US permanent resident to apply? How long is the process and where should I start?
What should I do to bring my fiance, who's from Iran, with me to Canada?
Please help!
Thank you all
VIP Member

Posts: 21969
Ratings: +1071

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:38:00 am »

There are a few different ways to apply, see

It is not easier for a US green card holder except maybe for the fact that you are visa exempt to travel to Canada so if you manage to get a job offer and LMO, it might be easier for you to get a work permit because overstay questions should not be an issue and you may be eligible to apply at the border.

If you want to apply for your immigration, you should marry your fiance, then you can apply for her too.

PR=Permanent resident - TFW=temporary foreign worker
FSW=federal skilled worker - QSW=Quebec skilled worker
AEO=arranged employment offer - LMO=labour market opinion
CEC=Canadian experience class - PNP=provincial nominee program
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.10 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC