+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Citizenship Photo Size with Application

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hi guys,

I just discovered that the studio I went to take my photo in Calgary printed me the old specification even though i told them about the new specification and the guy told me they are aware of the recent change and that the settings in their system would automatically print out the new photo size. I believed him and thought they know what they were doing. I got to know mine was the wrong size when I took a friend there yesterday and I noticed the size that was printed for him was bigger than the one they did for me last month so I ask what was going on and the guy was telling me stories bla bla.

Now I'm not sure if my application would be returned because of this? Any idea what could happen to my application? anybody once in this kind of situation with wrong citizenship photo size? Anything I can do to safe my application from getting returned?

Thanks guys

Reactions: Joshua1

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Just wait for AOR, if they return take photos at another spot and tell the guy to cut Big enough.but chances are minimum as long as their is no other errors in the form.

i usually tell the photo people to cut big enough because i have long name that must be writen on the back of photo.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Hi guys,

I just discovered that the studio I went to take my photo in Calgary printed me the old specification even though i told them about the new specification and the guy told me they are aware of the recent change and that the settings in their system would automatically print out the new photo size. I believed him and thought they know what they were doing. I got to know mine was the wrong size when I took a friend there yesterday and I noticed the size that was printed for him was bigger than the one they did for me last month so I ask what was going on and the guy was telling me stories bla bla.

Now I'm not sure if my application would be returned because of this? Any idea what could happen to my application? anybody once in this kind of situation with wrong citizenship photo size? Anything I can do to safe my application from getting returned?

Thanks guys
Very sorry to hear of your bad experience after you'd obviously taken every reasonable precaution in having checked that the photographer was aware of any recent changes in photo specifications. I'm having my photos done on Monday, so although, like you, I rang to ask if the photographer was aware of any changes and I was orally assured over-the-phone with a resounding affirmation, now, after having read of your unfortunate experience on here just now, I'll be making very damned sure that they do in fact know and have double-checked everything. Hoping that all goes well with your application, and thanks for making us all aware of the importance of triple-checking everything and trusting nobody.

Reactions: davidken1

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I carried a tape measure to ensure it matched the instructions. I would recommend you do the same. My photographer also had a 30 day guarantee if the photo was wrong for any reason.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hi guys,

Thanks guys
This is unfortunate, and I am sorry to say that your application will be returned to you. What you should do?

1. Get new pictures according to specification, and wait till the application is returned. The day it is returned add those pictures and send it back asap. (Happened to one of my relatives, it just delayed them by 1 month)

2. If you are anxious and do not want to wait, you can take your chances: Write an explanation letter to CIC that you applied and your photos were wrong specs. Do include your complete info, UCI#, application received date etc. add your new photos and send it to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
This is unfortunate, and I am sorry to say that your application will be returned to you. What you should do?

1. Get new pictures according to specification, and wait till the application is returned. The day it is returned add those pictures and send it back asap. (Happened to one of my relatives, it just delayed them by 1 month)

2. If you are anxious and do not want to wait, you can take your chances: Write an explanation letter to CIC that you applied and your photos were wrong specs. Do include your complete info, UCI#, application received date etc. add your new photos and send it to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp
Thanks but that would really suck if they return my application cos i applied under c24:(

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
Were i to send it back, will i have to fill out the forms again and to write a new signature? or just sent the pictures with required specifications and that's it.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Were i to send it back, will i have to fill out the forms again and to write a new signature? or just sent the pictures with required specifications and that's it.
I read on this forum multiple times that you can submit the same returned application along with whatever was missing. as long as forms are not more than 3 months old. Also, make sure to check whether IRCC updated any of the forms before re-sending. If they did, then submit new forms I believe.

Also, read that a returned application is not logged. So you can submit a brand new application with the same fee barcode/receipt.

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
I read on this forum multiple times that you can submit the same returned application along with whatever was missing. as long as forms are not more than 3 months old. Also, make sure to check whether IRCC updated any of the forms before re-sending. If they did, then submit new forms I believe.

Also, read that a returned application is not logged. So you can submit a brand new application with the same fee barcode/receipt.
so if i signed on october 12th my forms are valid through january 12th

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
so if i signed on october 12th my forms are valid through january 12th
According to the guide, yes.

Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:

• not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future).

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. Just a guess, but since a returned application is not recorded, and applications under the previous Act no longer are accepted, wouldn't the OP have to submit a new application with the new forms under the present Act?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi

1. Just a guess, but since a returned application is not recorded, and applications under the previous Act no longer are accepted, wouldn't the OP have to submit a new application with the new forms under the present Act?
Present Act meaning C6 ? OP indicated s/he signed on Oct 12th. I assumed s/he signed the new forms (C6).