+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worse situation ever. What should I do?

nidee

Jun 13, 2017
Yes, thank you very much.

I was looking forward to applying for human and componsionate grounds but some lawyers say we need to have net income. My parents are very old. My dad is 66 and my mom is 56. I don't know how they'd be capable of finding a job with good income if they are old and mom never worked. She basically been a housewife her entire life.

I might still apply and discarding what lawyers are saying because a lot of people are telling me to apply for HnC.
I was told the same thing by my lawyer, that I didn't have enough income and I was only in Canada for 2 years. I still when ahead and did the application by myself without my lawyer. H & C is not just how much you make, it's about showing how much you have done and put into Canada, I did this by writing a letter, explaining my situation, I listed all the jobs, I've done while in Canada (they weren't even good jobs, but it showed I've been productive), all the volunteer jobs I did, all the groups I belonged to and I had all my friends write a letter explaining how much I impacted their life and how they would miss me if I leave Canada. I explain how difficult it would be for me to integrate back in my country because I've lost contacts with people I knew back home, finding housing and employment will especially be difficult. Finally I explained all the things I would do if allowed to stay here as PR. I got approved in 4 months, my lawyer was shocked when I got approved. Don't let your lawyer discourage you from applying, you got nothing to lose by applying for it.

AHMGBP

Aug 11, 2017
Are you sure you haven't had an H&C yet? What type of appeal did you have when you were allowed to return to Canada after not meeting you RO?
We lost our papers then we were won to come back to Canada then we got back couple years later they say we didn't mean the RO so yeah. I'm 100% we didn't apply for H&C

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then what appeals have you done then? In your original post says that all the appeals that you have made have been rejected.

AHMGBP

Aug 11, 2017
Then what appeals have you done then? In your original post says that all the appeals that you have made have been rejected.
Well after we came here again and the deportation order was took. We appealed it and we lost. This took about three years before we got a hearing. The lawyer wouldn't speak. It seems fishy. He was a great lawyer.

After we lost we got an order to leave Canada and we did PRRA. The person who took the decision seemed unreasonable because he took nothing as a risk. Lawyers were shocked because Gaza Strip is and has been for over than 50 years in crisis with Israel. Yet we stil lost it... we appealed it at the federal court,.. and it was rejected without even a hearing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes you should try H&C it will take another couple of years but given your previous rejections the odds aren't in your favour.