Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
I applied in person May 24 and got my visa aug 18.. way back 2008 backwards work visas were issued in juz a month..there has been really a lot thats going on ryt now regarding immigration issues.. Longer waiting time for PR is d biggest issue.. I recommend u girls should always check cic for updates and prepare urselves for these changes..gudluck to all..

Reactions: Colinkim

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
I left 2008 i meant d earlier yrs when canada welcomed immigrants,,anyways..wat matters is d present,,.they set a target of admitting immigrants..there's even this so called speak notes(@cic wbsite for
D house of commons) suggesting that LIC program is a scrap..hope u girlz wont mind comin here disregard all d problems being face by LICs.. Canadians need LICs!!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
YZSMC11 said:
Hi Livly:

Thank you for the advice. I just want to ask how long did it take for you to get a response from the Hongkong Embassy when you applied for the visa? I am applying for TWP since August. Thank you for your input. Looking forward to hearing from yoU!
hi YZSMC11 you can always check the processing time here in hk
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp#asia

for other info and contact number
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/visas/non-immi.aspx?lang=eng

headache

Nov 11, 2011
asking lang po..
im here in d phils ryt now..nagwork ako in hk for 1 yr and 8months..
nakausap ko na magiging employer ko kanina..they want me to come there for about 3-4 months..ang problem po ay 12-18months ang processing here in phils..tumawag ako sa mga agency ng hk and they told me na ok na ung experience ko pero kailangan ko pa dn daw ng presently nagwowork in hk habang nagpaprocess..sabi ko naman, kung makahanap ako ng magisponsor saken ng working visa sa hk and pass all the requirements, can i go home and just wait and the phils..OK LNG DAW UN..e ilang months ang pagkuha ng working visa sa hk kung gayon? now, kung ala akong mahahanap na sponsor,i need to apply na lng ng tuluyan as dh uli? i think d na ko mahihintay ng amo ko pag ganun..sana my agency dito sa pinas na mabilis magprocess..may alam po ba kau..pls..nid help tlga..

kathab324va

Dec 2, 2011
I am planning to work in hongkong as Dh/caregiver. if i ever make it there would my employer allow me go out and process my documents for canada? What f they will only allow me to go out on my day off and it happens to be sunday? What would be the best thing to do?

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
lyvly said:
hi girlz,jus want to share my experience..,there r some employers here in canada who hire LICs ahead of time...some 3 months or some even a year but mostly as soon as possible... WWWdotJOBBANKdotGdotCA.. just be patient coz there are a lot of agencies online.. i think finding your own employer will save you so much money instead of going thru local agencies there in HK who makes ur pocket empty..Most of the nannies i met here they paid CAD3000 bucks or more....while in fact,,u only have to pay ur visa fee ,medical and police clearance.. i processed my visa by my own and that alone had saved me 2000HK..I had no way of getting out of my employers house during the weekdays bcoz i have PoPo and KongKong who luks after me,all of my moves... i juz kept in my mind IF THERE'S A WILL,THERE'S A WAY"...lolz...im not perfect but i had to lie to my employers...(i told them i had an appointment at d phil. consulate and need to sign some important papers,she gave me 2 hours to get it done!i was from YUEN LONG and my KongKong even wanted to go with me!!!it was that hard..)!anyways,,i got my own mailbox at a nearby postoffice where they mailed my passport with visa and all the original documents./. so each time i stare at my P.O. Box key,,i feel so blessed..lolzz..

jan32671

Sep 28, 2011
good day! i'm new here. I went for an interview yesterday morning at the canadian embassy here in thailand and my application for a work permit has been refused because of the following reasons:
1. i don't have a successful completion of 6 months of full-time training in a classroom setting, in a field or occupation related to the employment for which the work permit is sought. the course must be completed as part of formal education taken at an educational institution accredited by the local educational authorities.
2. i don't have a completed one year of full-time paid employment, including at least 6 months of continuous employment with one employer, in such a field or occupation related to the employment for which the work permit is sought within 3 years immediately before the day on which i submitted an application for a work permit.
I had been employed as dh in HK 12 years back taking care of a 2 year old girl. i have been teaching here in thailand for 3 years. i have everything LMO contract all documents except the 2 requirements stated above. my point is, do i need to come back to the philippines and take the course for caregiver or shall i apply as DH in HK this year.i am puzzled. any thoughts, ideas and experience you share will enlighten me. thanks.

chibyusaspine

Mar 4, 2011
Hi,

Hello. I just wanna ask if I really need to complete a ONE YEAR experience here in hongkong before filing my application here, but the website said it should be ONE YEAR talaga. I already taken up a 6 months caregiver course and I'm just confused because some say that you can file your application even though your only 6 to 8 months here in hongkong. I'm already working here for 2 months na. please enlighten me. Thanks. :)

angel78

Jul 16, 2011
kathab324va said:
I am planning to work in hongkong as Dh/caregiver. if i ever make it there would my employer allow me go out and process my documents for canada? What f they will only allow me to go out on my day off and it happens to be sunday? What would be the best thing to do?
hello...
if ever that your day off is sunday and the consulate is closed then u can ask for an agent assistance...they will not charge big amount for representing your application....

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
canadian government playing with filipino caregivers

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/canadian_news/2012/03/15/3433.html

Thai224

May 7, 2012
jan32671 said:
good day! i'm new here. I went for an interview yesterday morning at the canadian embassy here in thailand and my application for a work permit has been refused because of the following reasons:
1. i don't have a successful completion of 6 months of full-time training in a classroom setting, in a field or occupation related to the employment for which the work permit is sought. the course must be completed as part of formal education taken at an educational institution accredited by the local educational authorities.
2. i don't have a completed one year of full-time paid employment, including at least 6 months of continuous employment with one employer, in such a field or occupation related to the employment for which the work permit is sought within 3 years immediately before the day on which i submitted an application for a work permit.
I had been employed as dh in HK 12 years back taking care of a 2 year old girl. i have been teaching here in thailand for 3 years. i have everything LMO contract all documents except the 2 requirements stated above. my point is, do i need to come back to the philippines and take the course for caregiver or shall i apply as DH in HK this year.i am puzzled. any thoughts, ideas and experience you share will enlighten me. thanks.
Why they refused your application since you have 3 years teaching experience in Thailand? In this 3 years in teaching, did you stay in one school?

bianca16

Nov 25, 2012
hi... im new here... im working in hk for 2yrs.and just signed for a new contract with other employer.. i want to apply for canada.a friend want me to recomend there, it will help to had a chance to work there?....but i dnt have 72 units.its really required?If yes, can someone else can help me,i want to complete or take a caregiver course here at hk...where i can take a class for it?thanks for help.. :)

annemarie91104

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
bianca16 said:
hi... im new here... im working in hk for 2yrs.and just signed for a new contract with other employer.. i want to apply for canada.a friend want me to recomend there, it will help to had a chance to work there?....but i dnt have 72 units.its really required?If yes, can someone else can help me,i want to complete or take a caregiver course here at hk...where i can take a class for it?thanks for help.. :)
dont apply if u dont have atleast 72units...even u take caregiver class....in order to complete go to school and take any course for atleast 2yrs...that will give u 72 units...

bianca16

Nov 25, 2012
hi again... thanks for reply...even someone recommend me? pls can some one can tell me where i can take a class to enroll. or continued my study here in hk while working as helper.im living in yuenlong. :)
And again thank u so much.

joyqui1223

Jan 24, 2013
hi...bago lang po ako dito..ask ko lang sana about dun sa 72 units na requirement nd LCG sa canada..pano pag hndi po ako naka 72 units pero hanggang 3rd year college po ang natapos?pwede rin po ba yun?super worried po ako kasi plan ko po mag apply sa HK muna for 1 year and plano kong mag cross country sa canada after makakuha ng 1 yr exp sa HK..Kaso sa mga nababasa ko kelangan ang isang requirement nila is 72 units kaso hanggang 3rd yr college ako kaso hndi po 72 units ang natapos ko..pls help me po..thanks po.