+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday visa

Discussion in 'Foreign Workers' started by hatch, Jan 22, 2012.

  1. Good morning,

    I am looking for help with the Canadian working holiday visa. I am from the UK and looking to apply when the 2013 applications open. The burnuing question i have is, does a 2013 visa only run during the calender year so i would have to leave Dec 31st or could i enter Canada at any point in 2013 and then run the visa for 12 months from that point? If anybody could help me out with this question i would greatly appreciate it.

    Many thanks

  2. Probably the application will open on February / March but for more precise details you should keep a eye on the Canadian government official website.

    And for the burnuing question: when your Working Holiday Visa is approved, you will receive the Introduction Letter. Ex.: if you receive this letter the 22nd of January 2012, you can entry within the 22nd of January 2013, and the visa is valid for 6 months only.
  3. Hi

    1. IEC for the UK opened in late December for 2012, so probably will do the same in December 2012 for 2013
    2. The LOI (Letter is valid for presentation for 1 year from the date of issue. So you must enter Canada within that year, and will be given a 1 year IEC work permit.

    From the FAQ http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/FAQ.aspx?view=d#General

    Letter of Introduction you would be issued by the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

Share This Page