+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit on Visitor Visa

thasan

Jul 9, 2016
Hi guys so here is my situation, I came here as a student and then after graduation I got my PGWP and after that I applied for my PR under MPNP, during that time my work permit expired and due to lack of documentation my status had to be restored under Visitor. Now I am currently under visitor status and have received my file number/AOR, I was wondering if I can apply for a work permit again so I can start working again till I get my PR, any responses will be greatly appreciated

T

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Hi guys so here is my situation, I came here as a student and then after graduation I got my PGWP and after that I applied for my PR under MPNP, during that time my work permit expired and due to lack of documentation my status had to be restored under Visitor. Now I am currently under visitor status and have received my file number/AOR, I was wondering if I can apply for a work permit again so I can start working again till I get my PR, any responses will be greatly appreciated

Hi, Visit the link and I guess you can apply for work permit. I am not familiar with your PNP. But you can ask them and I guess they will help you with that. But if you already restored your status then dont know. If MPNP is not helping you, better to go with an immigration lawyer or call CIC and ask them. I hope this may be helpful to you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp
Possible restoration scenarios

A foreign student who is still in status can apply in Canada for a work permit under certain conditions. By inference, the foreign student can apply for a work permit when restoring status.

• A temporary foreign worker who is still in status can apply in Canada for a study permit if they meet certain conditions. By inference, they can also apply for a study permit when restoring status.
  • A temporary resident who is eligible to apply in Canada for a work or study permit would be allowed to do so when restoring their status.
Note: A person must still satisfy the officer that they are a genuine temporary resident and meet all the requirements of the Act, in order to qualify for restoration.