+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit extension - same employer

sicarsto

Oct 5, 2017
Hi all,

I am currently working under a LMIA exempt work permit. I have a two years contract so I should have a valid work permit until the beginning of 2019. However, my passport will expire on the beginning of the next year (2018) so I only got a valid work permit until April 2018. I am now renewing my passport to apply for an extension.
Does my employer needs to do the LMIA exempt application again or do I just need to apply for the extension myself?

thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

I am currently working under a LMIA exempt work permit. I have a two years contract so I should have a valid work permit until the beginning of 2019. However, my passport will expire on the beginning of the next year (2018) so I only got a valid work permit until April 2018. I am now renewing my passport to apply for an extension.
Does my employer needs to do the LMIA exempt application again or do I just need to apply for the extension myself?

thanks!!
1. You can apply your self with a copy of the LMIA and an explanation that you were only given to April/18 because of your passport expiry.

Reactions: sicarsto

sicarsto

Oct 5, 2017
My work permit extension was denied because my employer needed to submit a new LMIA-exempt application
I'm applying again now...

Neurobrat

Feb 23, 2018
Hi i hope someone can help. I have a work permit until june 27, 2018 and together with husband and two kids they have temporary resident holder. I am applying for work extension under the same employer and my contract will end on june 30 2019. Can my husband apply for open work permit now? Is it possible my husband open permit valid until june 302019 also? How can i apply for an extension of trv of my two kids? Since i cant apply online. It says need to mail my application. So where will i send the application since they have different address for each visa request? Can i apply and mail together with work extension? Thank you.