+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - Conflict of NOC Codes?

abhiarch87

Apr 13, 2017
Hi All,

I have been going through this forum for the last couple of months on creating my EE profile and finding answers to various questions. You guys have been really helpful, thank you all !!! I have submitted my PR application and hoping for a positive result. This topic is about my Work Permit (WP) Application which I have to submit in the next few days.

I work for a Canadian Firm in Dubai, UAE as an Architect (NOC Code 2151) and I work on various Master Planning projects. I requested for a position at the Toronto office and I was offered the job of Urban Designer (NOC Code 2153). And they also got a positive LMIA for this new position. So, when I apply for my WP, it has to be under NOC 2153. Will there be any conflict here ?

Note:
- The roles/responsibilities for both these NOC Codes vary.
- My Employment Reference letters from past and present companies show my roles/responsibilities as an Architect (NOC 2151)
- Requirements for Urban Desinger/Planner (NOC 2153) show education in Architecture (which I have), Planning, Landscape ...etc

It would really helpful if you guys can let me know more about this and if someone faced a similar situation.

Thanks