Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi,

I was checking the status of work permit processing time from Germany. This is the first time I have applied for a Canadian work permit for a postdoc position. However, I am not sure if I should check processing time for 'work permit' or for 'work permit extension'. Someone suggested that I look for work permit extension and that has got me confused.
For work permit this is the following note:
Excludes: Post-grad and Co-op work permits, and refugees applying for their first work permit; instead, select “Work permit extensions (New employer)”

Kindly advice.

Thanks.

myooz

Oct 6, 2017
Hi,

I was checking the status of work permit processing time from Germany. This is the first time I have applied for a Canadian work permit for a postdoc position. However, I am not sure if I should check processing time for 'work permit' or for 'work permit extension'. Someone suggested that I look for work permit extension and that has got me confused.
For work permit this is the following note:
Excludes: Post-grad and Co-op work permits, and refugees applying for their first work permit; instead, select “Work permit extensions (New employer)”

Kindly advice.

Thanks.
Hi Csadangi,

Do you have any updates about your application and did you figure out whether it was 'work permit' or 'work permit extension' that you had to check? I was also wondering which one it was.

Thanks!

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi Csadangi,

Do you have any updates about your application and did you figure out whether it was 'work permit' or 'work permit extension' that you had to check? I was also wondering which one it was.

Thanks!
Hey, I received my work permit and I am in Canada now.
You have to look at work permit if you are applying for the first time. If you have applied from Germany, wait for 60 days. I got my visa confirmation exactly on the 60th day.
Good luck!!

myooz

Oct 6, 2017
Hey, I received my work permit and I am in Canada now.
You have to look at work permit if you are applying for the first time. If you have applied from Germany, wait for 60 days. I got my visa confirmation exactly on the 60th day.
Good luck!!
Hi,

Congrats! Thanks for the update!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have to ask him. But can you tell me for both? Please
If he was a student and graduated and got a PGWP, then he cannot extend his permit. If he is on a closed workpermit with a LMIA from his employer, he will want an updated LMIA with job letter.

Preettoo

Jan 8, 2024
No no. This will be the second time that he will be renewing his work permit.
This time his work permit is expiring in October. And i am getting married in September. So he was thinking to Renew it much earlier to have it valid on October. Is it possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No no. This will be the second time that he will be renewing his work permit.
This time his work permit is expiring in October. And i am getting married in September. So he was thinking to Renew it much earlier to have it valid on October. Is it possible?
What type of work permit - open or closed? If he was on a PGWP, he can no longer extend it. If he is on a closed work permit, then he needs to get a new job offer from his employer with his LMIA. He cannot extend until a couple of months before expiry. What does your wedding have to do with his work permit?