Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Hello there,

I just received my study permit at the POE last Saturday, I am starting classes in May at NAIT and I was wondering if with that permit I will be allowed to work before the classes start?

Thank you so much!

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Scarlett_R said:
Hello there,

I just received my study permit at the POE last Saturday, I am starting classes in May at NAIT and I was wondering if with that permit I will be allowed to work before the classes start?

Thank you so much!
no u shouldnt work before u are enrolled and registered for classes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scarlett_R said:
Hello there,

Thank you so much!
No - you can't. Working before classes start is illegal. If you are caught, your study permit will be canceled and you will be forced to leave Canada.

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Thank you for the replies!

uzumakinaruto

Star Member
Feb 11, 2017
No - you can't. Working before classes start is illegal. If you are caught, your study permit will be canceled and you will be forced to leave Canada.
im not sure if you will reply but let me give it a shot... we have the same question... im planning to go to canada on aug but my class will start on Sept... i dnt know what will I do ng 1 month... naisip ko sana mag work pero illegal pla... sayang nman.. i thought its okei kasi full time student nman ako... and already paid my tuition fee

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
im not sure if you will reply but let me give it a shot... we have the same question... im planning to go to canada on aug but my class will start on Sept... i dnt know what will I do ng 1 month... naisip ko sana mag work pero illegal pla... sayang nman.. i thought its okei kasi full time student nman ako... and already paid my tuition fee
It's illegal to start working before your classes start. If you start working early, you'll be violating the terms of your study permit. This means your study permit can be canceled by CIC and you can be ordered to leave Canada.

uzumakinaruto

Star Member
Feb 11, 2017
It's illegal to start working before your classes start. If you start working early, you'll be violating the terms of your study permit. This means your study permit can be canceled by CIC and you can be ordered to leave Canada.
Got it. Thanks sa reply... ... My class will start on September 12... if ever I find a job.... can i start working on Sept 12? I'll take this opportunity to ask you questions... and thanks for the time to reply and i really appreciate it... i believe you are already in Canada and finished with your study or patapos na ng study... how are you doing there? is it difficult? is it hard to find a job after graduation? whats your status in canada now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Got it. Thanks sa reply... ... My class will start on September 12... if ever I find a job.... can i start working on Sept 12? I'll take this opportunity to ask you questions... and thanks for the time to reply and i really appreciate it... i believe you are already in Canada and finished with your study or patapos na ng study... how are you doing there? is it difficult? is it hard to find a job after graduation? whats your status in canada now?
You can start working on September 12th - not earlier.

I think part of your post is in Tagalog - I don't understand Tagalog. I do speak several languages - but Tagalog isn't one of them. You should post entirely in English on this forum to have the highest change of getting a full answer.

I was born in Canada - so I can't answer your questions about how difficult it is to find a job as a foreign student.

Reactions: LILIN and Alanna

uzumakinaruto

Star Member
Feb 11, 2017
You can start working on September 12th - not earlier.

I think part of your post is in Tagalog - I don't understand Tagalog. I do speak several languages - but Tagalog isn't one of them. You should post entirely in English on this forum to have the highest change of getting a full answer.

I was born in Canada - so I can't answer your questions about how difficult it is to find a job as a foreign student.
Thank you for taking time to answer my questions... i apologize for using tagalog... it's such a relief that I can work on Sept 12th.... these were my questions in my mind... I respect the laws, rules and regulations of CIC and I don't have intentions to break the trust and jeopardize my study permit. Thank you so much again for your assistance. Appreciate it a lot.