Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Hi Everyone,

I have received ITA on September 6, 2017. I am in dilemma on how to proceed with the documentation of one of my previous jobs.

I have worked for company 'A' from December 16, 2011 to March 31, 2013. On April 01, 2013 The Company 'A' got merged with Company 'B' and I have continued working for Company 'B' in the same role, with same job duties till Septemeber 15, 2013. Company 'B' also provided me the signed copy of the merger letter.

Company 'A' is not in business anymore as Company 'B' acquired it. Company 'B' is willing to provide the experience letter for the entire duration I have worked for both company 'A' and 'B' so I didn't mention Company 'A' in the express entry profile work history section instead I have added Company 'B' for the entire duration (December 16, 2011 - September 15, 2011).

Now, the problem is regarding the paystubs. If I attach all the paystubs along with the Company 'B' experience letter, CIC will notice that I have worked for Company 'A' in the past.

Option 1:
Should I attach only the last 6 months of paystubs (all of them are from Company 'B') to solve the issue?

Option 2:
Should I provide all the paystubs and use the letter of explanation (LOE) to explain that I have worked for Company 'A' for some time before it got merged with Company 'B' by providing the offer letter from company 'A' along with the merger letter? If so, CIC realizes that I have not mentioned Company 'A' in the work history and they might question on that.

Option 3:
After receiving ITA, can I change the PR application to modify the work history to show both Company 'A' and 'B'? If so, there will be a mismatch between the express entry profile and the PR application.

Option 4:
If I can't modify the work history now, do I have to decline the invitation and modify the express entry profile to include Company 'A' (Duration: Demeber 16, 2011 - March 31, 2013) and change Company 'B' duration (from December 16, 2011 - September 15, 2013 to April 01, 2013 - September 15, 2013) and wait for the next round of ITA?

In this case, for the proof of employment for Company 'A' shall I upload the offer letter along with the paystubs and explain the merger with Company 'B' in LOE?

Also, regarding the experience letter, do I have to ask company 'B' to explicit mention my employment details with Company 'A' and let them mention about the merger too?

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Best regards,
Yspddr414

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Why do you even want to attach pay stubs? It is not required or mandatory. If CIC asks for them later, you can state all these facts. Going with Company B for the whole period makes more sense and should not cause any problems. If you want, you can also mention about the two company merging in the letter of explanation.
Thanks a lot for your prompt response eng.ahamdi. I really appreciate your help.

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Has anyone attached paystubs along with the experience letters?

Just curious, does anyone has experience whether CIC ask for paystubs for foreign experience after submitting the PR application?

Please share your experiences.

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Thanks a lot for your prompt response eng.ahamdi. I really appreciate your help.
Hi
Why do you even want to attach pay stubs? It is not required or mandatory. If CIC asks for them later, you can state all these facts. Going with Company B for the whole period makes more sense and should not cause any problems. If you want, you can also mention about the two company merging in the letter of explanation.
Hi Ahamdi,

As I did not mention the Company 'A' in the work history, providing merger letter at later stages (if CIC asks for paystubs) cause any issues? I mean CIC realizes that I have not mentioned Company 'A' in the work history but revealing it when they ask for paystubs.

One more question, Is it allowed to modify the work history after receiving the invitation to include Company 'A' and 'B'?

Thanks,
yspddr414