+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WINTER JANUARY 2017 INTAKE APPLYING FROM WITHIN USA STUDY PERMIT

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
Hello guys,

This thread is for everyone who applied from USA for study permit for the term of Winter/January 2017.

I have recently applied on 16th August, i have got my medical exam done and also given my biometrics.

I have provided them with all documents like Police Clearance Certificate, Birth Certificate etc.

So far the status in my application is "Open"

Please share your experience with cic.

the processing time says 4 weeks, is it true that you get decision within that time frame? I have seen few cases taking 2-3 months to get their study permit.

Regards

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Considering you still have a lot of time to start your program, and LA timelines, your application will probably take around 3 months. From what I have seen, timelines reported in the website are completely useless and inaccurate at least for online applications.

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
but problem is I have legal stay in USA for only October 2016 since im a visitor here, that wont work lol

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
Could anyone else share their recent online application experience within USA for Canada study permit?

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
I recommend you contact their office, As far as I know they generally handle most 80% of the applications within the 4 week time period which is on cic website.

Must be some sort of reason.

Did you give medical and biometrics etc?

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
They requested medicals on the 7th week. I have not seen many cases when they processed within the 4 weeks timeline in LA. The most common is 2-3 months from what I have read in the forum.

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
After the 6 week I contacted them and they replied that tha aplication was still waiting to be reviewed, so no way they woukd finish before 4 weeks if they have not even opened tha application in the 6 week. Ever since then they have not replied to any email, and there is no other way to contact the Los Angeles office.

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
No, there are 2 VAC's.

Newyork & LA.

I believe New York is considerably faster than LA as I've seen from forums.

Do update us all when you get your passport request or any update from CIC.

nidaque

Nov 8, 2016
can you tell me how long did VAC take after submitting fingerprints?
i am still waiting for medical call after submitting fingerprints, its already been 3 wks and classes are starting next month.

nav4321 said:
Hello guys,

This thread is for everyone who applied from USA for study permit for the term of Winter/January 2017.

I have recently applied on 16th August, i have got my medical exam done and also given my biometrics.

I have provided them with all documents like Police Clearance Certificate, Birth Certificate etc.

So far the status in my application is "Open"

Please share your experience with cic.

the processing time says 4 weeks, is it true that you get decision within that time frame? I have seen few cases taking 2-3 months to get their study permit.

Regards

kruzie

Dec 9, 2017
I applied on Nov15 for the second time. At first it was on oct15 and I got refusal letter on Nov 10. I am international student and I didn’t provide proof of my legal status for the first time. My class starts on Jan 8. What should I expect?

zhaoyingzhe

Jan 3, 2018
I applied on Nov15 for the second time. At first it was on oct15 and I got refusal letter on Nov 10. I am international student and I didn’t provide proof of my legal status for the first time. My class starts on Jan 8. What should I expect?
Hey fruzie, have you heard anything from the LA consulate? Did you try to contact them by email/online inquiry form?