+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
28 days between DM and receiving the letter. It's less than two weeks between receiving the letter and the oath.
This was my timeline:
App mailed: Apr 10th, 2017
App Received: Apr 13th
AOR: Apr 27th
In process: May 8th
Test invite sent: Jun 27
Test/Interview: Jul 27
Decision Made: Aug 24
Oath Letter Issued/Mailed/Received: Sep 19/20/21
Oath date: Oct 3
Thanks. Yours has been processed pretty quick. My app was received on Jan 3.

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Passed the test today 20/20. The test location that we had in invitation was wrong. All people came to VIA Rail Station this morning like it says in papers. Then they sent us to 4-269 Main St. )))))

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
28 days between DM and receiving the letter. It's less than two weeks between receiving the letter and the oath.
This was my timeline:
App mailed: Apr 10th, 2017
App Received: Apr 13th
AOR: Apr 27th
In process: May 8th
Test invite sent: Jun 27
Test/Interview: Jul 27
Decision Made: Aug 24
Oath Letter Issued/Mailed/Received: Sep 19/20/21
Oath date: Oct 3
Congrats !! how was your oath ceremony, can you please describe the process ?

rafaelrms

Sep 30, 2012
Congrats !! how was your oath ceremony, can you please describe the process ?
Hi everyone! We became Canadian citizens after 7 years.

We attended our ceremony at the VIA station - it was pretty easy to find the room.
Once you get there, someone will direct any accompanying guests to the room and applicants to a line where we had our documents checked. They will take the PR cards, check you signed the forms that came with the oath invitation letter and make you sign an additional document.
You get a small package with brochures, Anthem and Oath cheat sheets and a magazine and is directed to your assigned seat.
The clerk comes in to announce the proceedings, say that you have to give it at least 2 business days to apply for a passport (our ceremony was on Tuesday, so Friday would be the earliest) and call the judge that will lead the ceremony.
The judge then comes in, makes a speech about Canada, values, people and so on. After that, we're called in to do the oath, collectively, which needs to be spoken in English and French.
After the oath is done, families are called one by one to receive their citizenship certificate, greet the judge, the RCMP officer and a Canadian Forces officer as well.
After that, there's a bit more of speech from the judge and whoever signed up to talk during the ceremony, we sing the anthem and the ceremony is done. The judge and the officers are available for pictures after the ceremony. Everything takes between 90 and 120 minutes. We had 85 people in this ceremony.

Anyway, that was it for me! I'm glad we're done and now I need to rush a passport to travel next weekend!

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Hi everyone! We became Canadian citizens after 7 years.

We attended our ceremony at the VIA station - it was pretty easy to find the room.
Once you get there, someone will direct any accompanying guests to the room and applicants to a line where we had our documents checked. They will take the PR cards, check you signed the forms that came with the oath invitation letter and make you sign an additional document.
You get a small package with brochures, Anthem and Oath cheat sheets and a magazine and is directed to your assigned seat.
The clerk comes in to announce the proceedings, say that you have to give it at least 2 business days to apply for a passport (our ceremony was on Tuesday, so Friday would be the earliest) and call the judge that will lead the ceremony.
The judge then comes in, makes a speech about Canada, values, people and so on. After that, we're called in to do the oath, collectively, which needs to be spoken in English and French.
After the oath is done, families are called one by one to receive their citizenship certificate, greet the judge, the RCMP officer and a Canadian Forces officer as well.
After that, there's a bit more of speech from the judge and whoever signed up to talk during the ceremony, we sing the anthem and the ceremony is done. The judge and the officers are available for pictures after the ceremony. Everything takes between 90 and 120 minutes. We had 85 people in this ceremony.

Anyway, that was it for me! I'm glad we're done and now I need to rush a passport to travel next weekend!
Congrats!

Reactions: rafaelrms

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Passed the test today 20/20. The test location that we had in invitation was wrong. All people came to VIA Rail Station this morning like it says in papers. Then they sent us to 4-269 Main St. )))))
Please what is the test like?

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To you guys that took the oath ceremony in Winnipeg, how long did the whole process take?. Mine is at 1:15 and I have be at work at 4 the latest.