+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Provincial Nominees need to provide IETSL results with their PR application (paper-based)?

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
I have been nominated by BCPNP under the postgraduate category with NOC 9914. I'm about to send a paper based application for PR, but, since 9914 is not considered Skill Level O, A, B, C or D, I'm not sure if I need to send language test results with my application.
Does anyone know if I need to IETSL results with my application?
Cheers!

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I have been nominated by BCPNP under the postgraduate category with NOC 9914. I'm about to send a paper based application for PR, but, since 9914 is not considered Skill Level O, A, B, C or D, I'm not sure if I need to send language test results with my application.
Does anyone know if I need to IETSL results with my application?
Cheers!
what is NOC 9914 ... i have no clue ..

The only thing i can think of is that there must be a list of document(s) that needs to be sent to them kinda like a checklist. In my opinion, If there is you should follow that and send these those specific documents.

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
Hey, first of all, thank you for your quick answer phoenix232.
The check list says the following about language test results:

"Proof of Language Proficiency

Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:

• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

But my NOC code is "N/A 9914" to be exact, which does not belong to any skill level in particular. It is supposed to mean "new worker". I have called CIC a few times, and got mixed answers. I understand that since NOC code is "not applicable", I cannot be considered skill level C or D and hence I shouldn't have to send IELTS scores, but I don't want to send my PR application until I am sure about this.

Last edited:

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hey, first of all, thank you for your quick answer phoenix232.
The check list says the following about language test results:

"Proof of Language Proficiency

Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:

• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

But my NOC code is "N/A 9914" to be exact, which does not belong to any skill level in particular. It is supposed to mean "new worker". I have called CIC a few times, and got mixed answers. I understand that since NOC code is "not applicable", I cannot be considered skill level C or D and hence I shouldn't have to send IELTS scores, but I don't want to send my PR application until I am sure about this.
Well there is not much on the internet as well and all i could find it is NOC Level B,C,D should provide language proficiency test scores and not required for 0 or A. I would say give the test and submit with the application, it wouldn't harm anyone

rest is your decision.. cheers

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
Hello DiegoLA,

I'm now in the same situation as you were, did you end up taking an english test?

Thank you!
Hi Amy,

Sorry for my late reply. No I did not take any IELTS test and my application seems to be going fine. I have already been asked to pay the RPRF and do medicals. So no , definitely no english tests needed if you are in my situation.

Good luck!

Amy.W

Dec 9, 2017
Hi Amy,

Sorry for my late reply. No I did not take any IELTS test and my application seems to be going fine. I have already been asked to pay the RPRF and do medicals. So no , definitely no english tests needed if you are in my situation.

Good luck!
Hi DiegoLA,

Thank you so much for your reply! It helps a lot ^^.

Amy

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Straightforward rule. If the IELTS was sent with PNP application, so have to put it in PNP PR application.

Reactions: deepaksingh996

cjdesk

Nov 8, 2017
Hi Amy,

Good luck!
Hi mate,

I am in the situation that my applicaiton and been returned to due to photo are missing now they ask to resubmit the application , my IELTS got expired my NOC is A. Do I need to retake the IETLS and submit with application or without this is fine