+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to get Canadian Dollar Money Order in USA

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
I tried Bank of America and couple of other banks, they say they make drafts/MO/cashier checks in USD only.

I also visited some western union and currency exchange places, but they also do in USD. Please guide where can I get draft in Canadian dollars...this is for FSW1 category to send with application to Sydney, NS

Thanks....

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
ask them for an international draft.
You can also get from wachovia, citi, etc.

I heard you can also get one at USPS.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
I called wachovia, citi, hsbc, BoA, chase and also USPS post office

All say they do only USDollars. No Canadian dollars

VIKAKUMA22

Mar 8, 2009
You have to get a bank Draft for a bank.
USPS gives international money order but they will give like for 550 USD converted in canadian. but not other way round for CAD550.
western union/walmart etc gives only in USD.

pipa

Mar 23, 2009
I got it from Wells Fargo foreign exchange branch. I think you can get it from airport currency exchange also...although I am not sure...

But Wells Fargo did it for me pretty easily!

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Mike053 said:
I tried Bank of America and couple of other banks, they say they make drafts/MO/cashier checks in USD only.

I also visited some western union and currency exchange places, but they also do in USD. Please guide where can I get draft in Canadian dollars...this is for FSW1 category to send with application to Sydney, NS

Thanks....
Just make the draft in US dollars, no need to be CAD $$ - Send it to CIC in US dollars and is accepted.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

NewYorker said:
Mike053 said:

Thanks....

Just make the draft in US dollars, no need to be CAD $$ - Send it to CIC in US dollars and is accepted.
WRONG WRONG, please read the instructions, the fee to Sydney must be in $CAN

PMM

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I paid both of my fees (Application Fee and RPRF) in US dollars draft, however I sent it to Buffalo and thought same rule applies everywhere.

If they change something recently then its my bad.

tatvi

Mar 9, 2009
Chase bank does issue a 'canadian money order'. Didn't charge any for me but usually it's 5$ they say. Try it out.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
FOLKS

I recently sent the application to sydney. I had the choice of getting a Chase or BOFA (charging $25 or $45). But i decided to use American Express service, they do it for $25 and get it very next day.

Lookup for an American express travel agent, call them up and tell them you want an International Draft for CAD.

chanselay

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo moved Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb.2012
AOR Received.
June 28, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS in process - medical done Aug.2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VIKAKUMA22 said:
You have to get a bank Draft for a bank.
USPS gives international money order but they will give like for 550 USD converted in canadian. but not other way round for CAD550.
western union/walmart etc gives only in USD.
Hi. I have a question the currency of canadian to u.s. is different do I need to pay a little more in u.s. to get a canadian money order?
Because the usps is asking me the currency conversion because they dont know to pay in exact amount when it reaches Sydney NS payment? Pls adivise. Thank you.

chanselay

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo moved Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb.2012
AOR Received.
June 28, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS in process - medical done Aug.2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
pipa said:
I got it from Wells Fargo foreign exchange branch. I think you can get it from airport currency exchange also...although I am not sure...

But Wells Fargo did it for me pretty easily!
Hi. Pipa, did you get a bank draft or money order at wells fargo? Is it in Canadia dollars because I'm going to send
it to Sydney, Nova Scotia they want Canadian funds? Did you send already did they encashed it? Dis you put exact amount in Wells Fargo because the currency between U.S. and Canada is different? Thank you. Pls. advise