+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What would be the length of my PGWP ?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi,

I know it is an easy question but my case is a little bit confusing.

I was studying in France and came to Canada in September 2015 as an exchange student.

From September 2015 to April 2016 I did 30 credits in Montreal University as an exchange student.

Then applied for the bachelor degree at the same university.

After the acceptance, I transferred 33 credits from France and had 27 credits left (9 courses ) to get my bachelor degree which I did from September 2016 to April 2017.

So at Montreal University I did 57 credits ( from September 2015 to August 2017 ) and had 33 credits transferred from my previous university in France.

The degree is 90 credits ( Bachelor Degree ) from Montreal University which is supposed to be counted as 3 years but I don't know in my case how long my PGWP would be..

Thank you

greatrahul99

Aug 4, 2017
Hi,

I was studying in France and came to Canada in September 2015 as an exchange student.

From September 2015 to April 2016 I did 30 credits in Montreal University as an exchange student.

After the acceptance, I transferred 33 credits from France and had 27 credits left (9 courses ) to get my bachelor degree which I did from September 2016 to April 2017.

So at Montreal University I did 57 credits ( from September 2015 to August 2017 ) and had 33 credits transferred from my previous university in France.

The degree is 90 credits ( Bachelor Degree ) from Montreal University which is supposed to be counted as 3 years but I don't know in my case how long my PGWP would be..

Thank you
Technically, It should be for 3 years but dont take my word for it, you should ask other people too (Probably someone already studying there or someone with PGWP's answer would make more sense)
Good luck!

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hi,

Thank you
the length of PGWP will depend on the kind of completion letter given to you by your school. when you are applying do not submit only your transcript as the visa officer may not be able to understand your situation. get a completion letter from your school in addition that species the length of your program. if they speciy 2 years, then you will get the 3years PGWP

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I applied with degree completion letter and not a transcript. The degree completion letter stated that I completed the bachelor degree but they didn't state the length. However, I read somewhere that CIC verify with the university in all cases to see the length of the program.

I studied 2 years, while the program is 3 years since I transferred 1 year from another university.

In these 2 years, there is an exchange year at the same university, I wonder if it is counted..