+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what will be country of issuance

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
guys if u see the form for immigration to australia, they have question country of passport and place of issue/issuing authority.

i am giving the link for same below. check page 12 of this form:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdf

i think if i take thios form as basis , country of issue will be jamaica

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
They clearly use the word "place".

Just go with India and write on another piece of paper, pretending to give more information on the passport. It won't reflect badly on you. It only shows that you are thorough (not that this gives you any advantage).

Your Name
Form number and name

Question 18
Country
Passport Number
Passport expiry date
place of issue.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
in most of teh visa forms i check. its us visa or uk visa or australian visa, they always ask for place of issue and then they ask for issuing authority . i think in my case country of issue is jamaica and issuing authority is hig commission of india. kingston jamaica. also as one of my friend quote before if u search for us passport in wikipedia they quote as:
Whichever the country of issuance, a passport proves the identity and nationality of the bearer. A passport is connected with the right of a national of the country which issued the passport to consular assistance from the issuing country while the national is abroad, and with the right of the national to enter the country of which is a national. However, the right to assistance does not arise from a passport, nor does the right to enter. Each of the rights arises from nationality.

u can see them in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_passport.
what u guys think.

i think i ahve to consult with someone who knows it all very well..

may be a lawyer or contact the canadian embassy.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
read what you wrote in bold.

counsular assistant from the issuing country....do you think if you get into trouble, Jamaica is going to bail you out or India?

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
but it says whichever is the country of issuance means whichever country its issued from.. and they are asking for country of issuance not the issuing authority.. but if u check forms for immigration to australia or uk they ask for place of issue. if instead of country of issue they will be asking for place of issue . dont u think place of issue will be KINGSTON , JAMAICA

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
place of issue denotes a geographical physicality
country of issue can denote either geography or authority. I think they mean authority in this case.
At least, i put on my form the name of the country who issued me the passport rather than the place. Infact, the place is not even mentioned on my passport. BUT i know where it was issued.

Anyway I go back to this statement "A passport is connected with the right of a national of the country which issued the passport to consular assistance from the issuing country while the national is abroad,"
India provides you with assistance not Jamaica

"Whichever the country of issuance, a passport proves the identity and nationality of the bearer" = This statement just indicates that this is true for all country. Its just semantics. SO it is saying whether the country that issued it is UK US or India, the passport proves that the nationality of the bearer based on the country that issued it (i.e. UK US or India).

Anyway, none of us are experts. The best person to ask is BCGuy because he did work for CIC i think.

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
i got a mail from canadian embassy in jamaica and there reply is:

Dear Sir/Madam, The country would be Jamaica. To clarify please add a note short note regarding the original issue and the last issuance of the passport. Regards.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chefumang,
So I was right then.
I even gave you my personal example.
Anyway, this will clarify the situation for a lot of our friends.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
yes u was right i got this reply from canadian emabssy in jamaica... so i think confusion is over and help others.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The OP did ask CIC. I would go with what CIC says rather than Indian embassy because the application form is for CIC.

However, I do agree with you and I still think country of issue is India not Jamaica. The person at the office in Jamaica might not have understood what the OP had asked and gave what came to their mind.

Having said, that writing a note is still a good idea (whether you put India or Jamaica). Don't worry about what impression you think you will create in them for writing a note. For me the impression is that you are thorough. CIC gets applications from many people and they know the wording used by different people is different so any explanation would be appreciated from them. That is my belief anyway.

My passports (and I have two) doesn't say where it was issued.

Good luck.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
i got this reply from canadian embassy in jamaica, the place where i have to send my documents. anyway hows ur process of sending documents going on. did u send already. if yes. did u get any info from there side

regards

umang

quote author=rupeshhari link=topic=15155.msg66182#msg66182 date=1235760403]
The OP did ask CIC. I would go with what CIC says rather than Indian embassy because the application form is for CIC.

However, I do agree with you and I still think country of issue is India not Jamaica. The person at the office in Jamaica might not have understood what the OP had asked and gave what came to their mind.

Having said, that writing a note is still a good idea (whether you put India or Jamaica). Don't worry about what impression you think you will create in them for writing a note. For me the impression is that you are thorough. CIC gets applications from many people and they know the wording used by different people is different so any explanation would be appreciated from them. That is my belief anyway.

My passports (and I have two) doesn't say where it was issued.

Good luck.
[/quote]

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
its sent about two weeks back i guess, but feels longer. Now its a long wait.
I am guess in about 2 to 3 months, they will come back to say, one of the following:

1) rejected (because my application is kind of weird, and it has many holes in it, all of which i can justify but they might not see it),
2) do medical
3) do IELTS.

Hopefully, its the second one. I don't know if i am being optimistic by saying they will reply in 2 to 3 months. I am taking that off what happens on average at buffalo after sending in documents, but this is a new process so it might be different from those on trackitt and mine may get delayed by the process of those who sent their applications in between Feb and Nov 2008.

Good luck to you.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
i applied for transcripts for my diploma in hotel management and my wifes bachelors. after i get i need to w8 for pcc from indian embassy, but i got the pcc from local police.
luckily i gave my IELTS before i fill up my form and send my application. may eb by end of march i will send all my docs ..
anyway did u get any acknowledgement from there side of receiving docs..i hope we all wil get thorugh and meet in canada. lets keep our fingers crossed..

rupeshhari said:
its sent about two weeks back i guess, but feels longer. Now its a long wait.
I am guess in about 2 to 3 months, they will come back to say, one of the following:

1) rejected (because my application is kind of weird, and it has many holes in it, all of which i can justify but they might not see it),
2) do medical
3) do IELTS.

Hopefully, its the second one. I don't know if i am being optimistic by saying they will reply in 2 to 3 months. I am taking that off what happens on average at buffalo after sending in documents, but this is a new process so it might be different from those on trackitt and mine may get delayed by the process of those who sent their applications in between Feb and Nov 2008.

Good luck to you.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I haven't gotten acknowledgment yet but it has been recorded on the system as my status has changed.