+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What visa for a student's spouse?

vjxxvj

Aug 17, 2017
Hello,
I am joining a Master's in Jan 2018. I want to take my wife along with me. But have trouble in understanding which visa I should apply for her
1. Can I apply for a TRV alone (in case we don't want the risk of a OWP being rejected)?
2. Open Work Permit

Which of the above two should I apply for? and regarding application
1. Should I apply for her visa through my CIC account or create a separate account for her?
2. if separate CIC account for her, do I submit two applications at VFS or just one?

Thank you

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Hello,
I am joining a Master's in Jan 2018. I want to take my wife along with me. But have trouble in understanding which visa I should apply for her
1. Can I apply for a TRV alone (in case we don't want the risk of a OWP being rejected)?
2. Open Work Permit

Which of the above two should I apply for? and regarding application
1. Should I apply for her visa through my CIC account or create a separate account for her?
2. if separate CIC account for her, do I submit two applications at VFS or just one?

Thank you
Its difficult to get a spouse open work permit or trv for Canada from India . Wait for 6 months into your program, then you have slight chance but that is also not sure.

Reactions: dreamy2536

vjxxvj

Aug 17, 2017
My question was not regarding the difficulty/chances of getting a visa. But about the procedure of applying. I have many friends in Canada who applied for visa along with their spouses and got approved.
So my question is about the 'procedure of application'.

vishank

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
My question was not regarding the difficulty/chances of getting a visa. But about the procedure of applying. I have many friends in Canada who applied for visa along with their spouses and got approved.
So my question is about the 'procedure of application'.
first apply for her visitor visa, you can convert her visa after she has reached canada.