+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the procedure if my fiance wants to accompany me to Canada while I study?

Jul 30, 2017
Hi,
I'm Vaibhavi and I'm an Indian citizen. I've recently completed my bachelor's in commerce and I am currently working. I plan to do my further studies in Canada into ACCOUNTS. I'm engaged and my fiancé wants to accompany me to Canada. So what are the requirements for that?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Unless she can be included under the common law category where you need to show you have been living together for 12 months there is no category for a fiance to accompany on a study visa. Apart from common law or getting married the best you could possibly do is a visitor visa which only allows upto 6 months at a time but no capability to work of course.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi,
I'm Vaibhavi and I'm an Indian citizen. I've recently completed my bachelor's in commerce and I am currently working. I plan to do my further studies in Canada into ACCOUNTS. I'm engaged and my fiancé wants to accompany me to Canada. So what are the requirements for that?[/QUOTE
I will suggest get married on papers first. Once you obtain a marriage certificate, everything is easy afterwards.