+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if the interviewer in Speaking Test asks me grammatically wrong question?

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Yesterday I took Speaking Test, and in section two of the test, the interviewer asked me something g like: "Do you think often make people smile?"

At first I didnt understand the question and wanted her to repeat the question. She said the same question. I wanted to answer it, but whatever I tried the question made no sense to me!

Then I looked at her eyes for a few seconds, shook my head, and she said ok and asked another question!

Now that I think about it, she probably wanted to ask "Do you think you often make people smile?" but she didnt say the sentence correctly. Of course it is possible that I might be wrong and she said the correct sentence, but I didnt understand it well. But there is a big chance that she really asked the wrong question!

So what now? I am sure it will cause my score decrease and maybe get less than 7.0 that I need. Is there any ways that I can ask the recording be checked to see if the interviewer asked the wrong question?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I think you may report this issue immediately to BC/IDP. At the end of test, there is always a feedback form in which you can write your complains. You will get that after writing part if you didn't receive it in speaking. Plus, you should immediately send an email to your test center with as much details as possible and explain your concern that you fear that there is a chance of getting lower score due to examiner's grammatically wrong question.

Do this if you are sure that you didn't misheard the examiner as they are surely going to play the recordings to confirm. :)

Reactions: hamid123456

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Maybe she asked "what do you think often makes people smile?" If you took it from BC that's the British way of phrasing. I could be wrong...