+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Education Credential Assessment (ECA)

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
hi everyone,

i have already finished a bachelor's degree in the philippines but am now taking another 2-year diploma course. i have already finished 1 year of the the 2-year course, and i'm still on this study. if i get an ECA now, would WES also evaluate my 2nd course (diplomat course) even if i haven't finished it yet?

thanks[/QUO
No Wes needs a degree passing certificate or atleast a provisional one. If your in the middle of a course than cannot be evaluated u til it's complete

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015

hi,

that's also what i thought, but since i'm applying for ECA, i just had to ask them. and this is what they said

this was my question

Hi, I''m going to apply for an ECA with WES, my question is, I have already finished a bachelor''s degree here in the philippines but am currently also taking another 2 year course which I have not finished yet. The study I''m currently taking, I ''ve already finished 1 year, will that be included in your evaluation? thanks

this was their answer

Thank you for your interest in World Education Services (WES-Canada). WES can evaluate incomplete studies completed at duly recognized academic institutions.

what does that mean? "WES can evaluate INCOMPLETE studies COMPLETED at duly recognized academic institutions"?

thanks

starkboy

Sep 22, 2017
I have done a 5 years integrated ( Bachelor's + Masters) course from India, I sent my credentials for WES evaluation and it came back as Masters, but nowhere has it mentioned the period of each degree (I guess since it was integrated) . Does that cause any problem during the application? Has anyone else faced something similar?

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
I have done a 5 years integrated ( Bachelor's + Masters) course from India, I sent my credentials for WES evaluation and it came back as Masters, but nowhere has it mentioned the period of each degree (I guess since it was integrated) . Does that cause that any problem during the application? Has anyone else faced something similar?
that should not a master's equivalent is a master's equivalent.

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
any1 having any idea that how many days do WES takes to respond to query made through email.
they will respond within a time of their choice, if you are already applied and paid for ECA, expect a reply within 2-3 working days. That's how many days they took to respond to me.

t2singh

Oct 28, 2017
Hello All,

I am applying for WES ECA verification. I have received my attested marksheet transcripts from University in a sealed envelope. Also, we need to send copy of degree enclosed in a sealed envelope.

** Do we need to get the degree also attested by registrar inside and then sealed the envelope with university stamp or just copy of degree enclosed in a sealed envelope.

Please respond to my query. Thanks in advance.

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming everything goes right your education shall fetch you a minimum of 21 or a maximum of 22 points.

I think it will be equivalent to either Canadian Bachelors (21 points) OR 2 or more Canadian Post Secondary diploma (22 points).
Bro, I have BSc (Hons) in Computing (3 years) and have also done PG Certification in IT(1 year). Before that I have done two years of Diploma in Business Administration. My only problem is that I have lost transcript of 2nd year of Bachelors & the institution I did it from has long been closed. But I do have 1st & Final year transcripts. What should I do and what is my expected score in this regard. I'll appreciate your help.

Regards

kuttuus19

Oct 30, 2017
Hi All,
As per WES site, required docs are
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
2. Annual Statement of Marks/Official Transcript - Hope this is the consolidated mark sheet from Ann University as this shows semester, grade, year of passing etc.

No-where it is mentioned to get individual mark sheet from university. I just made an agreement with private company to get above 2 doc transcripts from Anna University.

Am doubtful now as many blog states that Transcript for individual semester wise mark sheet required & if university not providing we need to get certificate for non-issuance of semester wise transcripts. Much appreciated if some one can clarify, if individual mark sheet transcript is mandatory or not & the clause.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
I have following qualification from two different UGC, AICTE, NAAC, BED certified universities in India -
  • Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Engineering (4 years) from Mumbai University - On campus mode
  • Graduate diploma in Software Testing (6 months) from IGNOU - Correspondence/online mode

I wanted to know with above mentioned qualification which of the following options I'm allowed to opt for express entry profile -
  1. Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer - 120 points
  2. Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer - 128 points

Note:
Please note that I have two qualifications i.e. one Bachelors degree (4 years) and one graduate diploma (6 months). So has anyone got their 6 month duration course validated from WES?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: rajeevan3209

Mike sammy

Nov 5, 2017
I have done two bachelor degree from Panjab technical University Jalandhar and panjab University chandigarh.i have been able to get the transcript from Panjab technical University but panjab University is refusing to give transcript to me they say they will send it to Wes canada.can some one suggest has this happen with some one else too.and if yes do I need to pay for Wes twice..

shab_2111

Nov 28, 2017
Hi folks,

Could anyone please enlighten as to how WES evaluates an MMS degree? I have done my BMM and MMS from RIzvi College... URGENT REPLY PLEASE!!!

k4kish88

Dec 17, 2017
Hello all,

Have been thinking of sharing my experience with WES...

I did 3 years diploma in Hotel Management from a private college which was AICTE approved at that time. after I applied last year.. I got an update that I need to submit my 10+2 credential to proceed. confused .. I went ahead and had sent it back then... after approx 20 days got reply that my ECA was 10+2 (higher secondary) and diploma from non recognised institute....shattered dreams was all that remained. I took this as a challenge and then submitted for a reconsideration to the director of evaluation and then I got the same reply that the course was a non recognised one. Now I requested my college to furnish additional documents from AICTE for my period of study, they helped.... and than I wrote a letter to Director of Evaluations and all the documents were sent to WES...NEXT THING IS BINGO...I got it what I was expecting.. they had sent me a second opinion ECA report stating that the new one is equivalent to 3 years degree..

Immediately afterwards.. I applied for IELTS and recently got my score

L- 8.5
S - 8.5
R - 7.5
W - 6.5

So here again as I am very confident about my english and what I wrote... ihave applied for EOR...if I get a 7 in writing... My score would be well beyond 400....

Thanks,
northeastguy :)
Thank you for the reply

When they asked you for your school documents did you have to get it attested ?