+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WANT TO VISIT PHILIPPINES...

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
IM MARRIED TO A FILIPINA IMMIGRANT AND I'M A CANADIAN CITIZEN...WANT TO VISIT NEXT YEAR FOR 35 DAYS, DO I NEED TO GET A TOURIST VISA, AND WHERE TO APPLY....HOW ABOUT MY FILIPINA WIFE, SHE HAVE PR CARD, IS SHE NEED ALSO TOURIST VISA?THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND HER TO GO PHILS SINCE SHE GOT HER PR CARD....NEEDS HELP..THANKS..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your wife is still a citizen so she can go visit the Philippines. You as a foreigner can visit the Phils for 21 days without a visa otherwise you need to apply for a visa.

http://www.philcongen-toronto.com/consular/consular_visa.php

murphy said:
IM MARRIED TO A FILIPINA IMMIGRANT AND I'M A CANADIAN CITIZEN...WANT TO VISIT NEXT YEAR FOR 35 DAYS, DO I NEED TO GET A TOURIST VISA, AND WHERE TO APPLY....HOW ABOUT MY FILIPINA WIFE, SHE HAVE PR CARD, IS SHE NEED ALSO TOURIST VISA?THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND HER TO GO PHILS SINCE SHE GOT HER PR CARD....NEEDS HELP..THANKS..

brennin

Dec 5, 2011
murphy said:
Hello Murphy

how are you, i response to your ads if you want to visit in Philippines with your filipina wife
she dont need VISA because shes Permanent residence in Canada and had PR CARD.
you need to to go Philippine Consulate to apply your visa to visit in philippines.
i am Pilipino too i got my Open work permit and waiting my PR card not recieved yet and i miss
my family back home.
take care and good luck
DENS

Beaver

Feb 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Murphy:

Since you are married to a Philippine citizen, you can be a beneficiary of what is called the "Balikbayan VISA" through your wife, which can be availed at a Philippine point of entry and you can stay in the Philippines for up to one year (renewable).

Check the info in this site (ignore the word "retirement" in the URL):

http://www.overseas-retirement-community.com/balikbayan-visa.htm

Have a good time in the Philippines

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
thanks to all who shared their opinions.....im married but my wife doesnt change her family name yet...but we have marriage certificate.....is this enough proof to avail the balikbayan visa?....i love PHILIPPINES....

Beaver

Feb 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe, in the marriage certificate, both of your names are printed on it (i.e. your wife's maiden name), so it proves you are both married. I would expect that's acceptable at the POE.

If she changes her name then I think she would have to apply to make some changes to her passport, etc. Maybe while she's in the Philippines she can apply to change her status (but knowing how the bureaucracy and red tape is there, the process would take much of your vacation time...)