+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to claim an asylum from outside Canada

Hossain87

Aug 25, 2017
Hi there,

My name is Hossain. I am living in Europe from last 5 years. Besically I am from Pakistan. The area in Pakistan from where I belong is not much safe place to live. Terrorist orginazations are still active there.I am from Shia muslim comunity which remain under threats for almost every time in Pakistan.Three years ago I applied for asylum in Germany but last week I got recejtion.Now I am wonder what should I do? Someone told me that applying for asylum outside Canada is possible. Can anyone please guide me about the first steps and where can I do that. Currently I live in Berlin. Any help will be appreciated. Looking forward .......

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To claim asylum from outside of Canada, you must first be recognized as a refugee by UNHCR. Next you must be selected for resettlement in Canada. It's possible you may be selected for resettlement in Canada - or you may be sent to another country.

If you've been refused as a refugee in Germany - then I don't think it's possible for you to be selected as a refugee from outside of Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Someone told me that applying for asylum outside Canada is possible.
No, unfortunately it's not really possible.

In order to target Canada as a place to claim asylum, you'd need to secure a TRV (visa) to travel here as a visitor first, which will be now impossible with your failed refugee claim.

Else if you get yourself accepted as a refugee from an organization like UNHCR, then they will try to refer you to a safe country that will accept you, although you don't get to choose so it could be any safe country in the world. I'm not sure how your failed refugee claim will hinder this process.

Hossain87

Aug 25, 2017
Bundle of thanks for feedbacks. Yes, I am also wonder why I got rejection? Even I provided all the proofs from previous incidents But still rejected, because they think that Pakistan have still safe places where you can live normally. But they dont know the ground realities, when you belong to any minority.
No, unfortunately it's not really possible.

In order to target Canada as a place to claim asylum, you'd need to secure a TRV (visa) to travel here as a visitor first, which will be now impossible with your failed refugee claim.

Else if you get yourself accepted as a refugee from an organization like UNHCR, then they will try to refer you to a safe country that will accept you, although you don't get to choose so it could be any safe country in the world. I'm not sure how your failed refugee claim will hinder this process.

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Bundle of thanks for feedbacks. Yes, I am also wonder why I got rejection? Even I provided all the proofs from previous incidents But still rejected, because they think that Pakistan have still safe places where you can live normally. But they dont know the ground realities, when you belong to any minority.
They have a system and standard to recognize, define,access refugees . Pakistan is safe which means you can move to another safe country, nothing stops you from relocating.so you got refused. It's understandable.