+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Mixed

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
I believe you can go to India and ask someone to send the PR card by FedEx to India once it arrives here in Canada.
Hi
Thank you for your guid, but When a friend is sending our pr cart by FedEx, what should say to FedEx? sould he say its a pr cart or its better to just say a document?

drhzagalo

Jul 17, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2017
Hi all,
I landed 6 week ago in Edmonton and returned back home after 2 weeks..
The card shall be received by my friend

My question is, if I want to call them to inquire about the card, do they accept calls from outside Canada or only from within Canada? What information do they request over the phone? Can the call be placed by my friend on my behalf?

I know that I have to wait for extra 10 days according to recent people experience

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Landed 11 Apr in GTA, didn't provide address because I wasn't sure of where I would say.
Submitted web enquiry and filled in my first and current address on 5 and 29 May and no reply. Called on 2 Jun and the agent said there was NO record of my address. He said I'll have to wait until end of July.

Amazing.

NadalBurgers

May 30, 2017
Guys, anyone had this issue?
So I changed an address online. Completely forgot about it and logged in to check it and it turns out I only changed Home address and not mailing address. I tried to change mailing address but the system won't let me do it without changing home address, so I repeated the home address and changed mailing address. Waited for 5 working days but the changes did not come in to effect.
1. Did anyone have the same issue and how to deal with it?
2. Are they using home or mailing address for PR card?
Thanks.

NadalBurgers

May 30, 2017
Browsed several pages back but couldn't find if anyone posted a phone number to call them for status updates and questions. Would be grateful if somebody posted their phone number please. Thank you.

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
how can you know if production has started or not for your pr card?

Dont_Give_up

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
Doc's Request.
22-05-2013
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
22-05-2013
Med's Request
03/03/2015
Med's Done....
15/03/2015
Hi all,
I landed 6 week ago in Edmonton and returned back home after 2 weeks..
The card shall be received by my friend

My question is, if I want to call them to inquire about the card, do they accept calls from outside Canada or only from within Canada? What information do they request over the phone? Can the call be placed by my friend on my behalf?

I know that I have to wait for extra 10 days according to recent people experience
Since someone will be sending you your PR cards, are you aware if there would be an issue when you will be applying for extension of PR. I am asking since you have to provide all the travel dates during that time. Really Interested to your thoughts on that. You may PM me

Last edited:

drhzagalo

Jul 17, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2017
Since someone will be sending you your PR cards, are you aware if there would be an issue when you will be applying for extension of PR. I am asking since you have to provide all the travel dates during that time. Really Interested to your thoughts on that. You may PM me
Of course, I will be staying indefinitely in Canada soon, I had to leave because of unfinished business with my work

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Guys, anyone had this issue?
So I changed an address online. Completely forgot about it and logged in to check it and it turns out I only changed Home address and not mailing address. I tried to change mailing address but the system won't let me do it without changing home address, so I repeated the home address and changed mailing address. Waited for 5 working days but the changes did not come in to effect.
1. Did anyone have the same issue and how to deal with it?
2. Are they using home or mailing address for PR card?
Thanks.
Hello,

I have the same issue. I called CIC and the agent told me that as long as the home address is correct there's no need to worry.

Good luck!
S.

Reactions: NadalBurgers

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Hi there, has anyone who landed in the last week of April 2017 received their PR Card yet? Thanks!

NehaP

Mar 20, 2015
Hi there, has anyone who landed in the last week of April 2017 received their PR Card yet? Thanks!
Hi...I have landed on April 16 and still waiting for the card.
I called CIC today and they said it's still in pending status. Does anyone has any idea how many more days it will take?

simonletourni

Jun 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I landed on April 20th in Etobicoke,ON, and am still waiting for the CARD. It is seemingly impossible to get through to anyone on the phone. I have tried many times at 8am sharp only to be bounced around from answering machine to answering machine, and I can't really afford to take a day off to hold the line hoping someone will ever pick up the receiver on the other end. On landing day I was told the processing would take 4 to 6 weeks. Then the IRCC website has since kept updating their estimated processing time, latest entry states 57 days.
I am sure the good people at Immigration Canada are very busy and are trying to do their jobs but I cannot comprehend how producing the card can take so long, furthermore, I do not understand why one isn't allowed to travel abroad and reenter a country he/she is officially a permanent resident of, without a PR card BUT with a valid passport only, the very same passport that was used for the Permanent Resident application.
I do not understand the logic and the frustration is real. My travel plans to visit my family that I haven't seen in over a year are in jeopardy, my situation doesn't apply for the Emergency Travel Document ( fortunately no one is dying or has died ...) , add to that the fact that my wife and I both have booked the time off, and we made arrangements to have someone housesit for us ...and there goes a couple grand and my sanity .. Hell, I might even have crash at my friend's house because I'd feel awful canceling the house sitting gig..

Anyhoo.. I just thought I'd share my personal situation to make it more relatable, I'm sure most of you folks are going through the same ordeal and are trying not to lose it. Hang in there people!

Peace

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Hi Everyone,

I landed on April 20th in Etobicoke,ON, and am still waiting for the CARD. It is seemingly impossible to get through to anyone on the phone. I have tried many times at 8am sharp only to be bounced around from answering machine to answering machine, and I can't really afford to take a day off to hold the line hoping someone will ever pick up the receiver on the other end. On landing day I was told the processing would take 4 to 6 weeks. Then the IRCC website has since kept updating their estimated processing time, latest entry states 57 days.
I am sure the good people at Immigration Canada are very busy and are trying to do their jobs but I cannot comprehend how producing the card can take so long, furthermore, I do not understand why one isn't allowed to travel abroad and reenter a country he/she is officially a permanent resident of, without a PR card BUT with a valid passport only, the very same passport that was used for the Permanent Resident application.
I do not understand the logic and the frustration is real. My travel plans to visit my family that I haven't seen in over a year are in jeopardy, my situation doesn't apply for the Emergency Travel Document ( fortunately no one is dying or has died ...) , add to that the fact that my wife and I both have booked the time off, and we made arrangements to have someone housesit for us ...and there goes a couple grand and my sanity .. Hell, I might even have crash at my friend's house because I'd feel awful canceling the house sitting gig..

Anyhoo.. I just thought I'd share my personal situation to make it more relatable, I'm sure most of you folks are going through the same ordeal and are trying not to lose it. Hang in there people!

Peace
I totally feel your pain. I, too, have to travel at the end of this month and I just cannot understand why it is taking to long for a card to come through. At the very worst, apply for the travel authorization without a PR card and this should work for you. It looks like I'll have to resort to that as well because I honestly cannot count on the system anymore. I called someone in IRCC earlier this week and they said it should be mailed out this week. But again, cannot really count on that if people who have landed before me still haven't gotten theirs... Hang in there, and look up the travel authorization for new PRs without a card and hopefully that will work! Cheers.

Dont_Give_up

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
Doc's Request.
22-05-2013
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
22-05-2013
Med's Request
03/03/2015
Med's Done....
15/03/2015
Hi...I have landed on April 16 and still waiting for the card.
I called CIC today and they said it's still in pending status. Does anyone has any idea how many more days it will take?
What is pending stage. Is it similar to production? When you called what info they requested before giving you this price of info.