+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for date of Interview

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
Ok, I am sponsoring my husband from Mexico. I sent everything to Mississauga in October. Decision made within 2 weeks. They sent info to Cdn Embassy in Mex City. In Process and Medicals Received status received within 2 weeks again. Now status is the same, however, my husband received an email stating that they will contact him for an interview.
Does anyone know how long (approx) we could be waiting for the interview date? I guess because everything went so fast before I was getting used to it! Now nothing has been updated since Nov 23rd! If anyone could shed a little light here I would really appreciate it!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

miljay said:
Ok, I am sponsoring my husband from Mexico. I sent everything to Mississauga in October. Decision made within 2 weeks. They sent info to Cdn Embassy in Mex City. In Process and Medicals Received status received within 2 weeks again. Now status is the same, however, my husband received an email stating that they will contact him for an interview.
Does anyone know how long (approx) we could be waiting for the interview date? I guess because everything went so fast before I was getting used to it! Now nothing has been updated since Nov 23rd! If anyone could shed a little light here I would really appreciate it!
Processing time for 80% of spousal applications at Mexico City 8-15 months, if there is an interview, it will longer than 15 months most likely, especially if he requires an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada)

PMM

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
ARC is usually required for people who have been deported from Canada or have been banned from entering again.

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
Ok, but that is not his case at all...I was just curious to know if anyone knew how long it would take to be notified for the interview as they have advised that there will be one.

Thanks again

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
no one will be able to say for sure, - it can be from a month upto several months depending how busy your visa office is.

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
Thank you for the info! I will post when we get the date! Hopefully it will be sooner than later! ;)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
good luck with your application! :)

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
miljay said:
Hi,

My case, they notice the interview 3 months in advance. They sent the letter to require interview in Nov, and one week later they sent another letter to tell about the date. My interview will be in Feb 2010.
Do you know why they require interview? Can you share with me about your case?

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
First off thank you for your information. The email they sent my husband did not specify why they want an interview. It just stated that they will be contacting him for an interview soon. I am guessing it is to make sure that our relationship is "real". I am not concerned that he wont know the answers to their questions, what concerns me is that they have the power to say yes we believe you or no we don't. I would like to be there for the interview if I can. This has been so stressful! We were married in April in Mexico and a lot of my family was there too...they are awaiting his arrival in Canada so we can renew our vows in a church and have a reception with all my family and friends.
Unfortunately all I can do is wait...

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
I hope they will tell you the date soon, so just be well prepared!
My case, we havent had ceremony at the church and a wedding reception yet. We wait until I come to Canada, as in US I dont have any family members in here. They required me to bring more evidences to the interview. I think that's okay for me as my husband calls me everyday, chat everyday. We just dont know what they are going to ask? their questions would be very tricky.
Anyways, if your husband has the interview before me, pls share with me all the questions they ask. Thank you
Good luck!

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
When preparing for the interview, it's a good idea to go over the commonly asked questions. I don't mean that you need to drill them into your memory, but if you see some questions and get the sense of what to expect, it can be less stressful in the interview.

It's also a good idea to get the CAIPS notes, which sometimes hold the reason for the interview - this way you can know what they will be focusing in the interview and can prepare for it.

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
I will definitely let you know if he gets the interview first! And please let me know as well. I did find a web site with Interview questions for spouses and family. You are not allowed to post links but I could email it to you if you like!

You may want to check it out - a lot of questions!

Also, how do you get CAIPS?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
miljay said:
Also, how do you get CAIPS?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t11124.0.html

And I'm sure there's other threads on the forum that give more info.

F

Fernandita

Hello, Miljay I would like to know more about your timeline.. I applied inland but is going to take longer so Im thinking to do it outland and my embassy is in Mexico city too, so I just want to know if is faster do it there instead of waiting here 3-4 years...