+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension

Naeem222

Jun 16, 2016
Hi there,

My mother is on visitor visa in Canada and her 6 month stay is ending in October. But we want to apply for her visa extension. I have look up for the requirements and the required documents. But I still have some questions.

1. Proof of funds: I got my mother to open her account in Canada, so we will be attaching its statement as prof of funds. but my question is that does having bank account in Canada has bad or good effect?

2. Do / Should I need to attach my job letter or bank statement as other supporting documents?

3. Is there any document which is alternative of invitation when you are applying for visitor visa extension?

Please help me with my questions. Any help will be appreciated.
If anyone recently applied or get for visitor visa extension please share your experience and documents attached.
Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
1. Proof of funds: I got my mother to open her account in Canada, so we will be attaching its statement as prof of funds. but my question is that does having bank account in Canada has bad or good effect?
It will certanly raise concerns of her true intentions. Visitors do not open bank accounts as they are only in Canada for a short period of time, so having one indicates she has plans of remaining in Canada long term.

2. Do / Should I need to attach my job letter or bank statement as other supporting documents?
You may want to. As a host you need to prove you can afford her stay. This does not waive her need to prove she can afford the stay.

3. Is there any document which is alternative of invitation when you are applying for visitor visa extension?
Depends on your purpose of extending.

Naeem222

Jun 16, 2016
It will certanly raise concerns of her true intentions. Visitors do not open bank accounts as they are only in Canada for a short period of time, so having one indicates she has plans of remaining in Canada long term.

You may want to. As a host you need to prove you can afford her stay. This does not waive her need to prove she can afford the stay.

Depends on your purpose of extending.
Thanks Jalex23 for the information.
So, if a visitor doesn't have any account in Canada, what are the other ways to show funds i.e. "Proof of funds"? Because I guess showing bank statement from home country won't make any sense as person is currently away from home?
Please let me know.
Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Thanks Jalex23 for the information.
So, if a visitor doesn't have any account in Canada, what are the other ways to show funds i.e. "Proof of funds"? Because I guess showing bank statement from home country won't make any sense as person is currently away from home?
Please let me know.
Thanks
A visitor is expected to have their funds out of Canada.

Also it is expected they have a way of making use of that money from Canada.

A common example is a parent with their pension deposited to a debit account, which is linked to an international credit card.