+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa extension issues with document checklist

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi everybody,
My nerve-racking attempt to extend my visitor visa started already 3 days ago and after calling the IRCC twice and waited a long time to talk to different agents, consulting this forum and doing a hundred of other searches, I am still having hard times in finding a solution to my problem.

Long story short: I applied online, an after answering (correctly) to the questions in my document checklist I have, aside of the form IMM5708, also the form IMM5707 which thanks to this forum I found out it shouldn’t be among the documents required for my case, and the IRCC agents I talked to confirmed.

Note: my boyfriend tried to make an attempt to apply with totally different details from his phone and the IMM5707 family information form appeared also in his checklist (he doesn’t need to apply he just tried to see if it worked with different informations).

Now, is that possible that it is due to a problem of the system or the website itself?

Please, if you are from a Visa exempt country (I am from EU) and in Canada trying to extend your status as visitor and encountering the same issues with the application, let me know. I will feel less alone at least :/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everybody,
My nerve-racking attempt to extend my visitor visa started already 3 days ago and after calling the IRCC twice and waited a long time to talk to different agents, consulting this forum and doing a hundred of other searches, I am still having hard times in finding a solution to my problem.

Long story short: I applied online, an after answering (correctly) to the questions in my document checklist I have, aside of the form IMM5708, also the form IMM5707 which thanks to this forum I found out it shouldn’t be among the documents required for my case, and the IRCC agents I talked to confirmed.

Note: my boyfriend tried to make an attempt to apply with totally different details from his phone and the IMM5707 family information form appeared also in his checklist (he doesn’t need to apply he just tried to see if it worked with different informations).

Now, is that possible that it is due to a problem of the system or the website itself?

Please, if you are from a Visa exempt country (I am from EU) and in Canada trying to extend your status as visitor and encountering the same issues with the application, let me know. I will feel less alone at least :/
Hi

It's a pretty basic form that takes about a minute to fill out, so if it is coming up in your checklist, just include it instead of stressing out about it.