+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension - Inside Canada

chitwan7

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hi,
My mother is in Canada. She came from Nepal. She came to Canada in Feb 2017. I applied for the extension of visa.
I applied for the visa extension online in June 8, 2017. I haven't received any response till now.
I know that she can stay until the decision is made. But It's already been 3 and Half months.
Please let me know how long is the processing time for the extension of visa.
If I have to contact, Where should I contact or what is the email address.
One more question, if she wants to leave, can she leave Canada before the decision is made?
Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,
My mother is in Canada. She came from Nepal. She came to Canada in Feb 2017. I applied for the extension of visa.
I applied for the visa extension online in June 8, 2017. I haven't received any response till now.
I know that she can stay until the decision is made. But It's already been 3 and Half months.
One more question, if she wants to leave, can she leave Canada before the decision is made?
Thank you
1. The processing time is either 115/118 days depending on whether you applied on line or paper. They are working on applications from May 15.
2. If your mother hasn't had a medical, IRCC may give a short extension for her to get one.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi,
Thank you
yes she can leave before the decision is made.

chitwan7

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hi

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I applied online for the extension on June 8.
It takes more time then?

1. The processing time is either 115/118 days depending on whether you applied on line or paper. They are working on applications from May 15.
2. If your mother hasn't had a medical, IRCC may give a short extension for her to get one.