+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor to LMIA flagpole

Kelly2157

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I know it is really hard to get an actual answer till my boyfriend goes to the border and face it, but I would like to get some help.

So, my boyfriend's status is visitor in Canada, and he applied to LMIA and he got approved a week ago. But the thing is he now only needs to go to border to get the work permit visa (so that he can start working at his lmia work place), yet his visitor visa is expring soon.

And there was a rumor that Canadian immigration does not really want to give visa to the Visitor to Lmia status at the flagpole.

He applied his LMIA visa while he was in Canada as visitor. Whats the chance he being rejected and going back to his country? We going to the border withing couple days, but his visitor visa is expiring real soon(probably on the day we go do flagpole, his visitor visa is expiring on the day) Does this fact matter??

sarvesh prabhu

Jan 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

I know it is really hard to get an actual answer till my boyfriend goes to the border and face it, but I would like to get some help.

So, my boyfriend's status is visitor in Canada, and he applied to LMIA and he got approved a week ago. But the thing is he now only needs to go to border to get the work permit visa (so that he can start working at his lmia work place), yet his visitor visa is expring soon.

And there was a rumor that Canadian immigration does not really want to give visa to the Visitor to Lmia status at the flagpole.

He applied his LMIA visa while he was in Canada as visitor. Whats the chance he being rejected and going back to his country? We going to the border withing couple days, but his visitor visa is expiring real soon(probably on the day we go do flagpole, his visitor visa is expiring on the day) Does this fact matter??
hi kelly tell me how is ur boyfriend flagpole done he receive the work permit