+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit to USA after soft landing

drjainvishal

Dec 12, 2011
hi
Friends
I am doing a soft landing in November first week I want to know wheather I can go to USA for a week can be back within a week with the prod ... my flight back from Canada is in first week of December, I wish to visit friends and have to get back in canada within a week , is it possible ???
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe the challenge with this plan is being able to board a flight back to Canada without a PR card or a PRTD given once you have landed as a PR you need one or the other to fly back to Canada else you would need to come back via a land border.

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

drjainvishal

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks a lot Bs65,
You have made it quite clear to me, I wish to use the land border only , planning Detroit as a friend lives there
Thanks

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Maybe the challenge with this plan is being able to board a flight back to Canada without a PR card or a PRTD given once you have landed as a PR you need one or the other to fly back to Canada else you would need to come back via a land border.
So from a land border between US and Canada, say, if I re-enter Canada (while my PR cards are, say, with my uncle whose address I would give), only documents required are COPR and my Indian passport?

If yes, then what would happen if I enter via land border using COPR which has expired (though soft landing already done on that)?

My case is like this: I am planning to do short landing at Toronto and give my uncle's address for mailing PR cards. I will be back in 2 weeks time to India. So, by the time PR cards will be ready in Canada and mailed to my uncle's place, my COPR would have expired. So, if I first go to US and then enter Canada via land border, then will my Indian passport and COPR (expired by then mostly) be sufficient to allow me entry in to Canada? Do Immigrantion officers at the road border create issues when I am not having PR card with me?
Thanks,