Visa to visit Niagara Falls in Canada

JamesSimon

Jul 11, 2010
Las Vegas
NOC Code......
Web Designer, Marketing and Tours
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
people, can we calm down and let the issue pass. we're here to help someone to do the right thing on the process on entering an country.

i suggest, go directly to immigration and consul offices and try to get the real information there. know the details and step by step procedures.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zsashimi said:
1. I am not wrong. And please do check your grammar.. It's YOU'RE WRONG and not YOUR WRONG.
2. Not everyone knows about the border visa.. However, my uncle was able to inquire at the border the day before I arrived in Seattle.
3. Because they dont encourage people getting visa at the border so you wont see it in the site..

Unless you've validated what I have just mentioned and proven me wrong, you shut up and stop acting so high and mighty.. Not because you are a VIP member of this forum does not make you an expert.. so dont question my word.. I am not as ignorant as you...
Well according to the IRPA you need the visa when you arrive at the Port of Entry, if you are not TRV exempt. Unless you know of some "secret" Immigration Act that no one else knows about.

From the Act.

Obligation on entry
20. (1) Every foreign national, other than a foreign national referred to in section 19, who seeks to enter or remain in Canada must establish,
(a) to become a permanent resident, that they hold the visa or other document required under the regulations and have come to Canada in order to establish permanent residence; and
(b) to become a temporary resident, that they hold the visa or other document required under the regulations and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

From the Regulations

7. (1) A foreign national may not enter Canada to remain on a temporary basis without first obtaining a temporary resident visa.

Exception
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a foreign national who
(a) is exempted under Division 5 of Part 9 from the requirement to have a temporary resident visa;

Division 5 http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/SOR-2002-227/page-5.html#anchorbo-ga:l_9-gb:l_5

I don't appreciate being told to "shut up" and I am glad to see you that you are now the grammar sheriff on this form.

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
PMM said:
Hi

Well according to the IRPA you need the visa when you arrive at the Port of Entry, if you are not TRV exempt. Unless you know of some "secret" Immigration Act that no one else knows about.

From the Act.

Obligation on entry
20. (1) Every foreign national, other than a foreign national referred to in section 19, who seeks to enter or remain in Canada must establish,
(a) to become a permanent resident, that they hold the visa or other document required under the regulations and have come to Canada in order to establish permanent residence; and
(b) to become a temporary resident, that they hold the visa or other document required under the regulations and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

From the Regulations

7. (1) A foreign national may not enter Canada to remain on a temporary basis without first obtaining a temporary resident visa.

Exception
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a foreign national who
(a) is exempted under Division 5 of Part 9 from the requirement to have a temporary resident visa;

Division 5 http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/SOR-2002-227/page-5.html#anchorbo-ga:l_9-gb:l_5

I don't appreciate being told to "shut up" and I am glad to see you that you are now the grammar sheriff on this form.

If you dont appreciate me telling you to SHUT UP, then learn how to say things without destroying someone else's credibility..

I would not say i did get my visa from the border if i didnt go through that process. I am not stupid enough to suggest something not feasible.. dont lecture me about procuring a visa for foreign national.. I know that because i do travel a lot.. The issue here is me getting the visa from the border and not from the embassy.. so dont give me the lecture just so you can change the topic..

If you go back, someone mentioned that they were told they can be given a day pass but they didnt pursue of the the B1/B2 visa issue.. it means there are people who knows about..

I am sticking to my story about the border visa.. If you don't believe it, that is now your problem...